The candidate will focus on capital projections, funding and liquidity management for the Bank ensuring that our financial and operational processes can scale with the growth of the Bank. The successful candidate will work with the Asset Liability Management, Stress Testing and Finance teams based in the Pacific Northwest. Will also assist in management and financial reporting, analyses of business trends and results and other financial analyses.
*This position may be located out of the following markets: Seattle, Lakewood, Tacoma, Vancouver, Lake Oswego and Salem.
- Monitor and track cash and liquidity positions
- Prepare holding company and bank cash flow projections
- Perform liquidity and funding contingency plans
- Support liquidity monitoring in forecasting simulations
- Develop stress testing projections of liquidity
- Construct cash flow forecasts and analyze funding needs
- Perform analyses of deposit trends, rates and migration patterns
- Compile data and prepare reports for ALCO, various working groups and other teams
- Provide specialized analytical support for forecasting, budgeting and stress testing analyses
- Develop tools to automate and streamline processes to ensure accurate and timely analytics
- Validate data input, assumptions and results of liquidity simulations to ensure modeling outputs are reasonable
- Act as liaison to financial, accounting, technology, and business units on liquidity
- Review financial trends to determine additional business opportunities or risks. Make recommendations for corrective actions as necessary and appropriate
- Ensure that output reports are useful and timely to meet business needs and objectives
- Coordinate the data, systems and technology are appropriate to ensure accurate and complete data is available and models are functioning as expected
- Develop, manage and automate data queries and reporting as necessary
- Establish and maintain effective rapport with all levels of employees
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Complete special projects requiring handling of highly confidential and sensitive material and information
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Finance required
- Master's/Advanced Degree in Business or Finance preferred
- 2+ years of related work experience preferred
- Expert personal computer skills in spreadsheet preparation as well as word processing, presentation, and database management and reporting software
- Expertise with reconciling and analyzing large data sets extracted from corporate data warehouses
- Experience with ALM systems helpful
- Strong and demonstrated organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as accomplish work assignments under minimal supervision and sometimes tight schedules
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Effective team player
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including an ability to clearly communicate complex financial concept
OUR CORE BEHAVIORS
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time * Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements * Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions