Trust Investment Analyst II
DescriptionPerforms trade execution, portfolio maintenance, compliance, preparation of performance reports, and analysis of stocks, bonds and mutual funds and related activities to meet the goals and objectives of the Trust Company.
- Assist the portfolio management team in the management of trust accounts
- Contribute investment ideas to the strategy teams
- Assist in administrative aspects of department’s risk management results relating to investments
- Coordinates with Portfolio Managers to ensure high level of client service
- Coordinates with Portfolio Manager to ensure high level of compliance, audit and risk management results.
- Perform a variety of tasks related to ensuring full compliance with all rules and regulations associated with the Trust Portfolio.
- Author informal and formal written communication for internal and/or external customers, management, employees, etc., to include memorandums and e-mail.
- Initiates trades in the rebalancing process efficiently and without overdrafts or failed trades.
- Initiates mutual fund trade buys and sells for new accounts and to meet cash demands of existing clients.
- Executes trades in individual equity and fixed income securities as directed by Portfolio Manager.
- Assists trust administrators and trust assistants with investment related issues arising in trust accounts, including proposals for investment strategies, selection of mutual fund models, analysis of liquidity requirements, and other account specific investment issues.
- Prepares investment reviews as directed.
- Assists in the preparation of Prudent Investor Act documentation and client investment policy statements.
- Performance Reporting including; Serves as liaison between the company and its performance software vendor, analyzes performance reports to assure accurate reporting to clients.
- Prepares and maintains the company’s composite investment results.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 0-2 years in Trust
- BA in Finance or related discipline preferred
- Solid spreadsheet and word processing skills, demonstrated ability to create graphs and complex Excel formulas and Power Point presentations for Trust sales opportunities & seminars.
- Ability to operate various software applications involved in the Trust Investment function.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills to relate to a variety of upper-level managers, executives, directors, customers, and employees; public relations skills; tact, diplomacy, and patience.
- Ability to manage confidential information.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and with a variety of employees, managers, executives, etc.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions