Senior Financial Advisor
DescriptionA Senior Financial Advisor is an experienced financial professional who can work within a team structure to manage a large book of business encompassing business development, financial planning, asset management, pipeline management, and a high level understanding of most client financial considerations. This role encompasses a multi-faceted wealth management model. This individual will need to continue to enhance their skill set to stay relevant and effective in an ever evolving industry.
A Senior Financial Advisor is an experienced financial professional who can work within a team structure to manage a large book of business encompassing business development, financial planning, asset management, pipeline management, and a high level understanding of most client financial considerations. This role encompasses a multi-faceted wealth management model. This individual will need to continue to enhance their skill set to stay relevant and effective in an ever evolving industry.
This individual will also lead within the organization as a top line professional, establishing and sharing best practices in segmentation, client engagement processes, team dynamics, and relationship management both internally and with clients. A Senior Financial Advisor may manage clients linked to a group of branches, business/commercial clients, or function as a 'hub or second floor' advisor for an existing book of business. This individual should have the skill set to manage client relationships at any asset level, tapping into any and all necessary resources at their disposal to provide an optimal experience and results for the client.
As with all Financial Advisors, the client must come first in all situations and the track record of any applicant should reflect this standard. The Senior Financial Advisor is expected to consistently maintain and build a book of business, both individually and/or within an established team, which may include additional Financial Advisors, Client Service Specialists, Retail Bankers, and Wealth Advisors. We are part of a community bank and this individual should be integrated into their community as a go-to subject matter expert for existing clients, prospective clients, and colleagues.
- Achieve or exceed assigned production goals
- Maintain appropriate business ethics and compliant activities and processes
- Maintain effective relationships with all bank personnel in assigned branches by holding meetings/trainings, answering questions and providing ongoing support and education
- Manage time and expenses for optimal productivity and results
- Provide clients with a high level of individualized service based on comprehensive planning and investment strategies consistent with their individual financial goals and objectives.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree and/or applicable professional credentials such as CFA, CIMA, CFP, CWS, CEPA, or AIF.
- 5+ years' experience as an Investment Executive, Financial Advisor, Certified Financial Planner, Investment Advisor Representative, Wealth Manager
- Series 7, 63 (or equivalent), 65 or 66, and Insurance licenses for states registered
- Strong marketing and business development skills with an inherent ability to close business in the best interest of the client
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport via phone, video, and in person
- Strong product knowledge and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Proactive, responsive, and motivated to be the best our industry has to offer a client
OUR CORE BEHAVIORS
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solution