Commercial Credit Analyst I
DescriptionFacilitates the origination, credit analysis underwriting and ongoing administration of loans. Works as a team closely with clients, Relationship Managers and Portfolio Managers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with clients, Relationship Managers and Portfolio Managers to analyze loan needs and options available to meet client financial goals.
- Learning to conduct analysis by generating, running and utilizing system generated reports.
- Learning financial spread programs
- Learning to prepare credit presentations
- Identifies and offers products and services appropriate for the client in conjunction with the Relationship Manager.
- Learning to analyze client personal and business financial condition
- Learning to recognize and mitigate credit and industry risks
- Learning to analyze and complete portfolio analysis
- Provides exemplary customer service to internal and external clients.
- On-going loan administration, file maintenance and collection of financials.
- Learning to ensure regulatory and bank compliance of all loan packages.
- Other duties as assigned
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or other relevant area preferred- or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of commercial or consumer lending experience or Bachelor’s degree in Finance or other relevant area
- Learning how to complete the credit presentation
- Developing a full understanding of cross sell opportunities across the bank
- Developing understanding of banking and credit administration environments
- Basic understanding of personal and business financial statements and tax returns
- Developing knowledge of loan documentation and collateral perfection
- Learning loan origination, financial spreading, and other banking software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Research and analysis skills with attention to detail
- Ability to organize and process multiple projects to assure timely and accurate completion
- Ability to work independently and collectively within a team environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and positive attitude with team members and clients.
- Building knowledge of other banking services offered by other Lines of Businesses to identify and offer qualified referrals.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter into a requisition search agreement.