Quality Control Supervisor
DescriptionThis position is responsible for supervising team responsible for various quality control review functions related to loans. Primary responsibilities of the unit include review of all commercial and consumer loan documents prior to delivery for accuracy and completeness; completion of Loan In Process account reconciliation; audit of new loans for compliance with Bank policy and regulations, initiating corrective action as needed.
- Facilitate proper completion of quality control related tasks within required time frames by working closely with Quality Control staff. Assess and distribute daily workload and assist when necessary to meet deadlines and minimize overtime, coordinating workflow to ensure a high level of customer service.
- Develop, review, recommend and implement quality control process improvements, procedures and technology to ensure efficiency in daily loan production operations.
- Provide recommendations regarding loan documentation verbiage on complex or unique loans.
- Professionally communicate and provide service to lending and retail personnel by investigating and resolving complex documentation problems and answering inquiries.
- Oversee the review of all commercial and consumer loan documents prepared by Loan Documentation Specialists for accuracy; recording any errors noted and reporting any significant deficiencies to Loan Documentation Supervisor.
- Ensure financial controls and compliance of Loans In Process procedure by performing daily and monthly reconciliation of Loans in Process account; producing and distributing reports to management.
- Monitor and manage the level of service provided to lending units, reporting to management on the results achieved monthly and taking corrective action when acceptable levels are not achieved. Compile statistics and prepare management reports related to the quantity and quality of work completed by the Quality Control unit.
- Facilitate review of all booked loans, both commercial and consumer, including insuring accuracy of boarding data, file preparation, collateral perfection, and compliance data; directing the follow-up of incomplete collateral and security holds to ensure the Bank’s security interest is perfected.
- Supervise assigned personnel by providing ongoing training and coaching; ensuring that the team is adequately staffed with qualified, well trained employees; model professional image and demeanor. Make recommendations to management concerning employment, performance reviews, promotions and terminations; identify and resolve routine personnel issues.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of commercial and consumer loan documentation and collateral requirements working closely with Loan Documentation Supervisor and Department Manager to identify and resolve issues.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- 3 + years Supervisory experience preferred
- Solid functional knowledge of commercial and consumer loan documentation requirements, state and federal regulations, and bank policies and procedures.
- Embodiment of Columbia Bank’s philosophy and core behaviors (genuine, work ethic, influence, continuous learning, team play, problem solving, and communication).
- Embodiment of Columbia Bank’s spirit of customer service, professionalism, integrity, respect, contribution to the community and fun.
- Outstanding customer service skills characterized by a friendly and outgoing personality and desire to meet and exceed customer expectations for service and support.
- Ability to think critically and provide quick, appropriate solutions for customers.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and high volume environment while maintaining a high energy and enthusiastic approach to a broad range of customer needs.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times that ensures appropriate and professional behavior and communication with customers and staff.
- Demonstrated effective time management skills are necessary along with the ability to multitask and consistently follow up in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to be flexible and able to adapt quickly to change priorities and tasks.
- Ability to lead, empower, coach and mentor staff to their fullest potential.
- Must be a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual.
- Ability to create general correspondence and communicate effectively in verbal and written formats.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team with an emphasis on coaching and mentoring staff.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office products, math and computation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain working knowledge of Columbia Bank policies, procedures, and systems.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
- Have a sense of community. We firmly believe that we’re only as strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an important part of who we are.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment