SBA Loan Officer
DescriptionThis position could be Hybrid/Remote
*(This position could be located in Eastern WA or ID but note the sales territory is primarily the state of ID.)*
Responsible for originating and underwriting large, generally over $300,000, and more complex SBA 7(a), SBA 504, and potentially other community development small business finance loans through internal and external sources. The position supports account officers in their efforts to originate and underwrite SBA loans.
Essential Job Functions:
- Originate and assist with underwriting of larger, more complex SBA 7(a) and 504 loans – generally over $300,000 and up to $5 million
- Make credit recommendations for these types of loans
- Assist with closing of loans
- Support servicing needs
- Highly skilled business development calling both external and internal sources
- Host internal/external SBA marketing and training events
- Exceptional customer service
- Facilitates SBA lending as part of business relationship building effort of account managers primarily within the Commercial Banking side of CB but also sometimes involving Retail Business Banking Officers
- Builds and fosters relationships with various alternative, non-bank lenders in the Bank’s footprint as referral options for loan requests the Bank cannot approve
- Maintain CB culture/core values
- Community involvement - visible, active referral source
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of recent SBA origination and credit experience
- Strong commercial banking, small business credit knowledge
- Established SBA market credibility and contacts within the Bank’s footprint
- Proficient with MSWord, MSExcel, and internal bank systems
- Finance and Accounting skills demonstrated through education or experience
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Knowledge of SBA Standard Opearting Procedures (SOP’s)
- Ability to effectively develop and manage complex loan origination requests
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities to efficiently bring multiple requests to closings
- Effective negotiator
- Enjoy working in collaboration with account officers and other colleagues
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter into a requisition search agreement.