Consumer Loan Underwriter
- Evaluates the overall credit worthiness of individuals and their ability to meet their financial obligations for traditional credit–based products as well as a variety of “structured” banking transactions, traded products and underwriting activities.
- Reviews proposed transactions against the credit standards set by the organization.
- Monitors the bank’s credit exposure by industry and product/transaction type to ensure adherence to the exposure limits set by the bank.
- Primary focus of role is on day–to–day deliverables, learning to develop solutions.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Some general banking experience required.
- This level may include individuals in the beginning stages of a University/College graduate training program or those studying for a professional qualification or accreditation.
- Ability to learn all types of applicable regulations, insurance, documentation and analysis techniques specific to the industry.
- Previous experience in credit scoring and automated processing preferred.
- Demonstrated time management and production management skills.
- Working knowledge of manual and automated processing preferred.
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to meet bonding requirements.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
- Have a sense of community. We firmly believe that we’re only as strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an important part of who we are.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment