Business Banking Relationship Manager III
DescriptionDevelops, advises, manages and retains client relationships. Solicits new business relationships. Focuses on profitability of relationship. This is a sales and solutions focused position. Is an integral part of the overall branch team.
We look forward to a new bank office in Bellevue, which is not your traditional branch. Taking the client experience to a new level, the team uses a shared workspace concept and laptops to work from anywhere in the space, greeting clients as they enter and escorting them to where they need. The office is a resource to the community, providing an event space for meetings, seminars, even after-hours social and networking events.
- Find new client relationships
- Grow current client relationships
- Develop internal Business Partner relationships in order to provide comprehensive financial solutions to clients from all areas of the bank
- Works productively with the SBLC
- Advises clients on financial solutions and strategies
- Manage and review client relationships to meet changing client needs.
- Be aware of banking industry and industry specific trends
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge, understanding and development of Commercial banking financial solutions:
- Complex Credit structures and solutions
- Cross sell (become a trusted advisor for the client)
- Recognizes cross-sell and revenue generating opportunities
- Engage in community relationships and activities for business development
- Strong contributor to the Branch team meeting annual goals
- Participate in Branch team meetings, Marketing meetings, Joint calls with Branch Manager
Broad knowledge in other banking services offered by other Lines of Businesses to identify and offer qualified referrals.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or other appropriate area preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years’ Business banking experience or equivalent
- Ability to cross sell a wide variety of bank products
- Deeply proficient in building client and business partner relationships Handles complex relationships and interacts with outside counsel, title companies, etc.
- Proficient business development and sales skills
- Ability to manage existing portfolio
- Consultative selling skills and approach
- Deep knowledge of credit structures
- Well-developed credit skills and acumen
- Well-developed underwriting skills
- In-depth understanding of personal and business financial statements and tax returns
- Ability to manage a complex workflow
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Client satisfaction
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to provide client solutions
- Ability to prospect new client relationships
- Strong ability to coach and mentor other team members
- Deep knowledge of bank products and services in order to cross sell
- Deeply proficient in building, advising and managing client relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and client services skills
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
- Have a sense of community. We firmly believe that we’re only as strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an important part of who we are.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter into a requisition search agreement.