Application Developer III
Responsible for application development and modification and/or maintenance of applications using, but not limited to, TFS, GIT, C#, TypeScript, and SQL. The application developer will also be responsible for one or more of the following roles: risk technology, middleware, legacy/non-legacy application development, and application support.
- Works with stakeholders to develop and document technical/business requirements
- Develops project plans, coordinates projects, communicates changes and progress, and completing projects on time and budget
- Policy and procedure development and implementation
- Gather feedback from design and technical staff on development needs
- Research, debug and resolve product support tickets
- Create prototypes and functional specifications for development projects
- Determine new technologies to utilize, such as programming languages, frameworks, and plug-ins, based on company need
- Build user interface applications and back-end databases using various programming and scripting languages
- Build applications and workflows utilizing ECM (Enterprise Content Management) solutions
- Research, collect and analyze complex or diverse information to ensure that applications are developed according to industry best practices
- Assist with disaster recovery, system security and similar functions related to Information Services
- Ensure that applications and databases are protected from unauthorized users
- Assist and advise user Departments in appropriate security and disaster recovery procedures and testing
- Prevent and remediate security vulnerabilities
- Ensure that all documentation is current and readily available to meet customer service levels
- Initiate Business Continuity testing and validation practices for new systems as assigned. Ensure testing results are documented and provided to project leads as needed
- Work with the development team to execute unit- and integration-testing and resolve issues that are identified during the testing process
- All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- A.S. Degree in CS, MIS, Math or other quantitative discipline
- Professional certification preferred
- 5+ years of recent hands-on development experience and/or relational DBMS's
- Superior understanding of one major programming language (preferably C#)
- Thorough understanding of efficient and scalable coding practices
- Thorough understanding of departmental provisional/business goals and how they contribute to the bank's business objective
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated effective time/project management skills
- Working knowledge of bank core processing is a plus
- Ability to accomplish work assignments under minimal supervision and tight schedules
- Ability to work in an agile environment on a Scrum team
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical journals and programming language
- Ability to meet bonding requirements for employment purposes
OUR CORE BEHAVIORS
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
- Have a sense of community. We firmly believe that we're only as strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an important part of who we are.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment