Client Service Specialist
- Performs cash handling functions (deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, payments, transfers, check cashing, etc.)
- Balancing cash drawer and Client Service Specialist transactions
- Learning basic knowledge of new and existing products and services
- Discuss and access customer’s financial needs to identify and offer appropriate products and services
- Secure against loss by ensuring safekeeping of money in cash drawer and prompt accounting or transfer of funds
- Identify fraudulent activity
- Read, understand and follow all relevant SOP’s
- Perform and support daily tasks that maintain the integrity of the branch (balance ATM, process night drop, balance negotiable instruments, process returned mail, balance credit card machine, monitor lobby rate sheets and brochures)
- Supports referral goals for branch by focusing and identifying and referring basic bank products to the appropriate business partner.
- Provides an extraordinary customer experience
- Other tasks as assigned
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some experience in customer service preferred.
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cash handling environment
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to pass Client Service Specialist training programs
- Ability to develop and maintain working knowledge of Columbia Bank policies, procedures and systems
- Builds relationships with customers and internal teammates
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions