Corporate Auditor III
DescriptionThis position is responsible for working independently and as part of a team to complete corporate audit projects, which includes operational and compliance audits as well as some IT auditing elements. This position may perform annual SOX testing. The role is responsible for providing timely and pertinent independent analysis to help the Bank manage and control risk.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conducts assurance activities for corporate audits, such as:
- Interviewing auditees
- Documenting risks and controls
- Performing fieldwork
- Preparing work papers
- Creating observation logs
- Drafting audit reports
- Possess knowledge of foundational, intermediate and advanced audit techniques and uses a disciplined risk-based approach that is aligned with professional standards, regulatory expectations and the strategic objectives of the enterprise.
- Utilizes data analytics software in order to conduct efficient audit testing and provide compelling audit evidence.
- Evaluates compliance with regulatory and legal requirements and Bank policies and procedures.
- Employs sound time management techniques in order to achieve audit objectives within budgeted timeframes.
- Effectively communicates results to management verbally and in writing.
- Builds and maintains effective professional relationships within the audit department as well as throughout the Bank utilizing excellent negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Acts as a leader for less experienced auditors providing coaching, support, and guidance.
- May assist other members of Internal Audit by performing research and other special projects.All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a business related discipline preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in an audit related discipline required, experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- CPA, CIA, CISA or similar certification preferred.
- Continuing training/education is required for this role.
- Ability to lead individual and team corporate audit projects beginning to end.
- Comprehensive understanding of the COSO model and the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability within a broader corporate organization (organization, planning, implementation, team building, coaching, support, and guidance).
- Reliable self-starter and self-directed. Able to work autonomously.
- Assertive and self-motivated.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to multitask and handle interruptions.
- Excellent risk/control evaluation skills.
- Strong understanding and use of industry standard project management tools – ACL/IDEA, TeamMate (or other workpaper software), etc.
- Maintain a high level of integrity, complying with the Bank’s Code of Ethics
- Less than 10% travel. Travel up to one week at a time may be required.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solution
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.