DescriptionThe Wealth Advisor is responsible for deepening existing relationships and developing new relationships by taking a holistic view of issues and needs and then creating strategies to provide education and solutions to provide value based on a collaborative, team approach. Duties include working with branch and commercial partners to identify existing clients and new prospects who will benefit from a broad range of bank solutions. Then, working in collaboration with internal and external partners to help educate clients and prospects about a wide range of issues and potential problems that are important to their well¬being. Where appropriate, the Wealth Advisor will coordinate the presentation of potential solutions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Extensive communication with clients and their advisors
- Ability to discuss general topics in overall investment performance, economic issues and market trends
- Presentations to clients on financial planning options and opportunities
- Direct consultation with attorneys, accountants and other advisors on a wide range of Wealth Issues
- Client meeting planning, facilitation and presentation.
- Ability to discuss client investment objectives, including risk tolerance, asset allocation, and cash requirements
- Ability to discuss general merits of various investment plans
- Translate investment policy to individual investment objectives
- In depth knowledge of the Common Wealth Solutions and the ability to communicate them with clients and prospects, providing education around potential solutions
- Awareness of alternative investment ideas for clients
- Assist investment transition for new clients when appropriate
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field (Investments, Finance, Law, Accounting/Tax, Economics, Business Administration) and/or 3 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least one CFP, CWS, or ChFC designation. Encouraged to hold additional designations around focused planning areas.
- 5+ years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Capacity to work with demanding clients and diverse groups of people
- Client-centered focus
- Excellent strategic thinking ability
- Excellent consultative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at analyzing and solving problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.