Residential Loan Officer
The Mortgage Loan Originator is responsible for continually identifying, developing and maintaining a network of business relationships to source mortgage lending opportunities.
- Positioned as the main contact between the Builder Finance Division and the potential customer
- Have working knowledge of Custom Construction and New Construction Takeout programs
- Ability and willingness to sit new construction sites when appropriate
- Works in partnership with relationship managers as primary liaison with customers, inspector and title company representatives during all phases of construction until the loan closes
- Oversees analysis and approves proposed construction budgets to ensure all appropriate project related costs and sources of funds are
- Analyzes and reconciles construction draw requests included recommending approval of the funding draws and obtaining all approvals
- Conduct interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data and determine customer financing objectives
- Responds to customer inquiries and referrals that are generated from both their own contacts and from other bank business channels
- Conducts preliminary underwriting reviews to assess secondary market standards (where applicable).Submit complete applications to processing and underwriting using computer technology
- Advise customers on product/pricing policies and guidelines while gathering any additional information
- Assist in obtaining information for timely processing of all mortgage loans. Verify supporting documentation including, but not limited to, employment history, deposit information and other documentation related to the application
- Consistently communicates to customers their application status, (approval, denial, additional documentation, etc.), and current interest rates
- Ensures exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrating commitment to professional ethics by complying with all Federal and State compliance policies and adhering to HMDA requirements
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Two or more years of experience in a loan origination
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government guidelines
- Knowledge of processing underwriting and/or closing procedures/federal lending regulations governing real estate lending
- Demonstrated time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences
- Strong team and customer service skills
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing task
- Availability to travel to other worksites and locations as needed.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Familiar with FHA and HUD guidelines
- Strong computer skills including MS applications
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives
OUR CORE BEHAVIORS
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
- Have a sense of community: We firmly believe that we're only as strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an important part of who we are.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 5lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment