Commercial Banking Specialist
DescriptionThis position works closely with Relationship Managers to attain team/department established goals. Provides exceptional customer service along with operational soundness and active in generating revenue for the team/department.
- Learning the entire loan origination to loan disbursement process while maintaining high quality client service
- Dedicated support to Relationship Managers for inquiries and/or research needed to enhance, develop and maintain customer relationships.
- Maintains high quality customer service while providing assistance for clients on all bank services
- Assists in providing proactive solutions and problem resolution for clients and peers.
- Learning to identify potential referral opportunities and refers all relevant bank and investment needs to Relationship Manager to assist client reaching financial objectives.
- Working knowledge and utilization of loan origination software as well as bank core systems
- Learning all loan documents
- Regularly reviews and maintains loan reports and requests updates of financial information for loan renewals and new loan requests.
- Interacts with internal departments
- Other duties as assigned
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School GED or equivalent
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience in financial institution or other relevant experience.
- High level of accountability and responsibility for achieving both personal and bank established goals
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage time
- Knowledge and servicing of products and services.
- Developing a full understanding of cross sell opportunities across the bank
- Ability to present oneself in a professional manner
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and client services skills
- Ability to work within a team culture in a constantly changing business environment
- Self-starter and willing to accept additional responsibilities as the opportunities arise
- Basic knowledge computer knowledge including, but not limited to in Microsoft Office Suite and any banking software used in the department
- Provide customer focused service
- Basic understanding of commercial banking
- Overall knowledge of bank operations
- Building knowledge, skills and experience in all functions required as a Support Specialist
- Developing knowledge of how to process loans
- Attention to detail
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions