Financial Reporting Manager
DescriptionThis position is responsible for the Company’s quarterly and annual external financial reporting to the Securities and Exchange Commission the quarterly Call Report and FR Y-9C as well as the monthly internal financial reporting to the Company’s executives. The position also serves as the key point of contact for the annual financial statement audit conducted by the Company’s independent audit firm.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct the preparation and issuance of timely financial statements and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position
- Research and evaluate current accounting practices and policies and monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP) and company procedures
- Lead the accurate and timely preparation of SEC Forms 10K, 10Q, and 8K including supporting tables, footnotes, and various other report components
- Lead the accurate and timely preparation of the Call Report and FR Y-9C regulatory reporting
- Maintain effective internal controls over financial reporting
- Oversees compilation of regulatory merger applications and other regulatory reporting
- Oversees acquisition accounting (day 1 valuations) and related SEC filings for acquisitions
- Assures compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Identifies and implements best practices to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness of the Company’s financial reporting processes
- Provide exemplary customer service by presenting a professional image, providing immediate acknowledgement, extending a friendly greeting, actively listening, responding to inquiries in a timely manner, and maintaining confidentiality
- Assist with financial planning and modeling
- Hire, supervise, evaluate, mentor and develop Financial Reporting staff
- Operate in a manner that contributes to the overall safety and soundness of the Bank.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- B.A. or B.S. in Business Administration with accounting or finance discipline required
- Active CPA license
- 8 or more years of progressive leadership experience in accounting and financial reporting or a minimum of 5 years with a large public accounting firm specializing in audits of financial statements
- Experience within the financial services industry preferred
- SEC reporting experience strongly desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and within a diverse team environment
- Results oriented with a positive, can do attitude
- Advanced PC Skills
- BVS training with courses to be determined
- Continuing education in support of maintaining an active CPA license
- Occasional travel may be required
- Additional Hours as needed (to include evenings and weekends)
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter into a requisition search agreement.