Commercial Real Estate Closer
DescriptionFacilitate processing, documenting and closing commercial real estate loans. Closer is to ensure the quality, completeness and accuracy of loan documents verifying compliance with conditions of approval, appropriate regulations, insurance, and third party requirements, as applicable, prior to dispersing loan proceeds.
Essential Job Functions:
- Order title, project review and other third party reports as appropriate.
- Prepare escrow, title and recording instructions. Prepare closing checklists, based on Credit Presentation. Process deposits; receive and send wire transfers. Review surveys, title reports and exception documents, entity documentation, UCC financing statements, and insurance documents.
- Facilitate communication with outside counsel.
- Review construction loan documents in accordance with credit policy requirements for risk management, ensuring all approved terms and conditions are properly implemented throughout the administration of the construction loan and the accompanying draws.
- Work in partnership with Relationship Managers (RMs) and credit analysts with customers, inspectors and title company representatives as the loan closes and during all phases of construction until payoff.
- Work in partnership to review and analyze land surveys, environmental assessments, project reviews and building inspection reports to ensure that all construction draws are funded in accordance with the required guidelines.
- Maintain loan files and disbursement files with sufficient documentation for third-party review and prepare files for timely audits.
- Analyze proposed construction budgets to ensure all appropriate project related costs and sources of funds are identified.
- Analyze and reconcile construction draw requests including recommending approval of the draws and obtaining all required approvals.
- Coordinate document and funding requests and check for accuracy.
- Prepare monthly construction draws.
- Work daily with loan customers via telephone and email and in person.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- College degree preferred
- Seven (7) years’ commercial real estate closing experience.
- Five (5) years’ construction administration experience.
- Three (3) years’ title and escrow experience.
- Thorough knowledge of title, escrow, and survey and loan documentation preparation required.
- Detail oriented, ability to effectively multi-task and maintain high level of organization.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, loan accounting and construction monitoring systems.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Knowledge of Commercial Real Estate and Construction industries.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter into a requisition search agreement.