Loan Documentation Specialist
DescriptionPrimary responsibility is to perform all functions relating to documenting consumer and commercial loans in accordance with the terms and conditions of credit approval, together with internal policies and procedures. Loan documents are to be completed within internal guidelines and established service level standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare loan documentation for all consumer and commercial loans types, including but not limited to: equity loans, personal loans, commercial and residential real estate, construction loans, lines of credit, asset based loans, letters of credit, government guaranteed programs and agricultural loans. Such document preparation includes new loan originations, renewals, and modifications.
- Utilize multiple documentation platforms and other internal bank systems including the following: Laser Pro, Cloud Lending, Custom Lender, Precision, AccuAccount, Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of multiple banking regulations (i.e. flood, HMDA, CRA, CIP, Beneficial Ownership, etc.) together with all internal policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of various loan structures, payment schedules, amortizations, interest accruals, escrow impounds, and the ability to perform mathematical calculations regarding the same.
- Accurately code loans to ensure quality of data for financial reporting to regulatory agencies. Coding includes loan type, federal call codes, collateral codes, policy exceptions, FASB costing codes and multiple internal codes to allow reporting functionality for various monitoring and portfolio segmentation.
- Working knowledge of entity types and corresponding authorities including for profit and non-profit corporations, limited liability companies, limited and general partnerships, associations, governmental agencies, trusts, estates and various nested entity structures. Ability to review and comprehend required entity formation documentation for all 50 states.
- Complete due diligence review of documentation requests to validate compliance with bank regulations and internal policies and procedures. Identify discrepancies and inaccuracies with data provided and resolve or escalate matters as appropriate.
- Working knowledge of various collateral types and how to perfect such collateral including but not limited to, the uniform commercial code, commercial and residential real estate, stock, brokerage accounts, deposit accounts, assignment of contracts/promissory notes, agricultural assets, life/disability insurance and vehicle titles. Conduct a thorough review of all collateral supporting documentation for accuracy to ensure proper collateral perfection.
- Prepare loan documentation in an accurate and timely manner to ensure contractual obligations between the bank and all loan parties are enforceable.
- Complete checklists to provide information and instruction to bookers, imagers and loan support teams to ensure post-closing tasks are performed accurately and the loan file is complete.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve department and company established service levels.
- Communicate with lending personnel to resolve discrepancies, identify missing documentation and obtain additional information when necessary.
- Independently investigate and resolve document questions.
- Process multiple documentation requests simultaneously.
- All other job duties as assigned.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent and basic math skills.
- Minimum of one year directly related work experience preferred. Basic understanding of loan and collateral transactions.
- Basic understanding of financial information and lending regulations.
- General LaserPro application experience or other like application experience preferred.
- Strong reading comprehension and ability to understand detailed or complex matters.
- Research and problem solving capabilities with ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and ability to retain multiple forms of information.
- Adapt quickly to change.
- Effective verbal and written communication skill with internal and external clients.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently and collectively within a team environment.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a desk and use multiple computer monitors for extended periods.
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements.
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action.
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment.
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions.
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary and comprehensive benefits. The hourly range for this role is $20.22-$24.52, and the pay rate for the successful applicant depends on a variety of non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The role may be eligible for performance-based incentive compensation and those details will be provided during the recruitment process.
We offer eligible associates cost-effective benefit options including comprehensive healthcare coverage (medical, dental, and vision plans), a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with employer match for qualifying associate contributions, an employee assistance program, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition assistance, mental health resources, paid time off for vacation, illness, volunteerism, and holidays. Benefit eligibility begins the first day of the month following the date of hire for associates who are regularly scheduled to work at least thirty hours weekly.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter into a requisition search agreement.