Corporate Accountant II
- Record and maintain fixed asset purchases and applicable depreciation and amortization schedules.
- Record and maintain prepaid expenses and applicable amortization schedules.
- Research, track, and resolve accounting problems.
- Prepare journal entries and general ledger reconciliations.
- Provide information for regulatory reports as requested.
- Create, maintain and update desk procedures as necessary.
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 3+ years’ experience in Corporate Accounting
- B.A. or B.S. in Business Administration required, preferably within accounting or finance discipline
- Deep understanding and demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Proficient skill in analysis
- Ability to research and present analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work within a diverse team environment
- Results oriented with a positive, can do attitude
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions