Commercial Credit Analyst I
DescriptionFacilitates the origination, credit analysis underwriting and ongoing administration of loans. Works as a
team closely with clients, Relationship Managers and Portfolio Managers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works very closely with clients, Relationship Managers and Portfolio Managers to analyze loan needs and options available to meet client financial goals.
- Identify and refer clients based on new products and services
- Conducts analysis by generating, running and utilizing system generated reports.
- Prepares complete credit presentations
- Regularly identifies and cross sells a wide variety products and services appropriate for the client in conjunction with the Relationship Manager.
- Conducts comprehensive analysis of client personal and business financial status Recognizes and mitigates credit and industry risks
- Analyze and complete term loan reviews portfolio analysis
- Provides exemplary customer service to internal and external clients.
- On-going loan administration, file maintenance and collection of financials
- Ensure regulatory and bank compliance of all loan packages.
- Other duties as assigned
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or other relevant area preferred- or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of commercial experience or other relevant experience
- Completes the credit presentation in a timely and accurate way.
- In-depth understanding of cross sell opportunities across the bank
- Demonstrates In-depth understanding of banking and credit administration environments
- Demonstrates In-depth understanding of personal and business financial statements and tax returns
- In-depth working knowledge of loan documentation and collateral perfection
- Demonstrated understanding of credit structures
- In-depth working knowledge of loan origination, financial spreading, and other banking software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient and demonstrates working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient and demonstrates research and analysis skills with attention to detail
- Ability to organize and process multiple projects to assure timely and accurate completion
- Ability to work independently and collectively within a team environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and positive attitude with team members and clients.
- Ability to mentor other team members
- Broad knowledge in other banking services offered by other Lines of Businesses to identify and offer qualified referrals.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary and comprehensive benefits. The Non-Exempt range for this role is $24.09 - $33.65 and the pay rate for the successful applicant depends on a variety of non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The role may be eligible for performance-based incentive compensation and those details will be provided during the recruitment process.
We offer eligible associates cost-effective benefit options including comprehensive healthcare coverage (medical, dental, and vision plans), a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with employer match for qualifying associate contributions, an employee assistance program, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition assistance, mental health resources, paid time off for vacation, illness, volunteerism, and holidays. Benefit eligibility begins the first day of the month following the date of hire for associates who are regularly scheduled to work at least thirty hours weekly.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter into a requisition search agreement.