BSA Program Manager
Develops and implements small BSA compliance programs or phases of larger BSA compliance programs. Provides bank-wide BSA compliance consultation relative to the BSA compliance programs(s). Meets quality standards and the production of expected deliverables during all phases of the program life cycle: initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing.
- Develops and implements measures to determine and monitor the effectiveness of the BSA compliance program
- Thoroughly monitors processes. Determines and documents root cause of exceptions and remediation recommendations
- Serves and primary resource in assisting staff and line management to meet their BSA compliance responsibilities
- Responsible for assembling teams, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of BSA compliance program deliverables
- Provides management oversight for a team of BSA Compliance Analysts to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations pertaining to BSA/AML, USA PATRIOT Act, and Office of Foreign Asset Control
- Communicates with senior management and/or functional area manager regarding status of specific programs
- Assess and analyze results to make determinations regarding filing SARs based on BSA Compliance Analyst recommendations
- May provide training to others regarding features and benefits of BSA compliance programs
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Requires CAMS (Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist) designation or similar certification
- Requires less than 7 years' experience in compliance and risk in a bank setting.
- Requires 5 years' experience managing others
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities -- knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training
- Intermediate level experience in managing BSA investigations or BSA program management or bank operations experience
- Proven track record of success and skills in BSA investigations, program management, operations, and/or compliance
- Strong diplomatic and communication skills
- Demonstrated Project Management ability at an intermediate level
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
OUR CORE BEHAVIORS
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions