This position works closely with the Assistant Manager and/or Branch Manager to attain branch and bank goals. Assists in managing a team responsible for exceptional customer service standards along with operational soundness and revenue generation. Is learning the duties and responsibilities of an Assistant Manager.
- Acts as back up to personal banking team to open new accounts, receive loan requests and gather credit-related information
- Works with Branch Officer and/or Branch Manager to become proficient in the following areas:
- Ensures the branch is operationally sound.
- Ensures that the tellers are trained and competent in explaining all products and services offered.
- Monitors sales and service goals
- Processes and oversees technical tasks such as opening and closing of the branch, overdraft monitoring, wire transfers and collections, stop payments and monitoring branch controls.
- Routinely and consistently provides guidance and training to branch team.
- May require some help to resolve conflicts.
- May back up new accounts
- May back up teller line
- Ability to pass personal banking training
- Learning about satisfactory audits
- Learning about employee management and training
- Services less complex accounts
- Actively coaches and mentors team
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or GED
- 1+ years retail banking experience
- Bilingual preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Some management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and any banking software used in the brancH
- Training and mentoring skills
- Customer focused service and sales skills
- Understands consumer and small business lending
- Overall knowledge of bank operations
- Previous Teller experience
- Knowledge of Policies and procedures
OUR CORE BEHAVIORS
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
- Have a sense of community: We firmly believe that we're only as strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an important part of who we are.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions