SOX Program Analyst
DescriptionThe SOX Program Analyst is a position within the Corporate Accounting Department of Columbia Bank. This is a mid-level, analytical position administering SOX compliance efforts. The incumbent will assist the SOX Program Manager in executing the SOX program for the Bank.
- Assist with annual risk assessment, materiality determination, identification of in-scope processes
- Assist with coordinating and performing annual SOX walkthroughs for business and general information technology control (GITC) processes
- Assist with creating and maintaining SOX process documentation, as necessary
- Assist with the external auditors’ requests for documentation
- Update annual risk and controls matrix and as needed
- Assist with performing annual segregation of duties (SOD) analysis
- Assist with performing a deficiency analysis on SOX-related findings, including issues identified in the Bank’s GRC solution
- Assist with coordinating testing with Internal Audit and the Bank’s external auditor, which includes providing guidance on testing, tracking the status of testing, and answering questions as needed
- Assist with reviewing Internal Audit’s test scripts and testing results as needed
- Assist process owners with remediation of control deficiencies, which includes coordinating with Risk Advisors for closure of issues noted in the Bank’s GRC solution
- Assist with re-writing control descriptions, documenting processes, and updating in-scope systems/applications/servers
- Ensure that the SOX program is in adherence with the 2013 COSO Framework
- Assist in serving as the point person to liaise among all relevant personnel on all SOX issues
- Assist in migrating the SOX program documents to Workiva
- Assist in creating/maintaining SOX SharePoint site for documentation and access for Internal Audit, external auditors, and process owners
- Assist with quarterly internal control certifications
- Provide support on ad hoc projects (e.g., CECL, RPA) and identify opportunities to improve business processes and internal controls
- Assist with SOC 1/SSAE 18 reviews performed by the Vendor Management/Enterprise Risk Department to ensure that in-scope vendors’ complementary user entity controls are in place and operating effectively
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
- SOX 404 compliance experience
- Ability to multi-task and be detail-oriented
- Ability to analyze and research and issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently to solve problems as well as work as a part of team on special projects and assignments
- Proficient with MS Office
- Financial services experience preferred
- Three years public accounting experience preferred
- CPA Certification preferred
- Ability to perform well in high-growth, intensive environments
- Experience writing reports and ability to identify and implement process efficiencies and improvements
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
- Have a sense of community. We firmly believe that we’re only as strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an important part of who we are.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment