Client Engagement Banker
DescriptionBuild meaningful, long-term relationships by leveraging excellent interpersonal skills. Offers sound financial advice, and often collaborates with internal Columbia Bank partners Active in the community and engages customers where and how they prefer to bank by providing education on digital and traditional solutions to achieve their banking needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Delivers exceptional experiences to build, expand, and retain long-term client relationships with individual and small business clients, by assessing their needs and offering them the best products and digital services to meet their financial goals.
- Collaborates with partners across the bank in various lines of business as well as within the branch team.
- Familiar with and able to educate clients on digital banking products and services.
- Able to support and resolve client issues with digital products and services directly without having to pass the client to other departments.
- Supports the community. (This may include events during and after business hours, weekends, volunteerism, and other forms of community sponsorship.)
- Assesses the financial circumstances of our current clients and prospects and provide tailored solutions for their needs. Solutions can include a full range of retail products and loans, as well as collaborating across the Bank to meet client needs.
- Provides timely and accurate financial advice drawing on previous lending experience to originate and manage credit requests for business and consumer clients. This includes proactive management of a dedicated loan portfolio.
- Optimizes our client’s experience by connecting traditional branch banking to digital resources.
- Assists in troubleshooting remote services that include but are not limited to digital banking, Bill Pay, and ATMs.
- Converts in-person and phone conversations to leads.
- Conducts transactions efficiently while interacting with the client to build a deeper, long-lasting relationship.
- Adheres to bank policies, compliance, and regulations.
- Process and oversee technical tasks such as opening complex business accounts with some supervision.
- Skillfully handle customer complaints and concerns with the outcome goal of enhanced customer relations.
- Support ongoing sales and service training of team members to generate superior results and exceptional client experience.
- Can profile clients to expand existing relationship. Consistently uses offer to assist to uncover external opportunities.
- Learning about consumer lending products and how to have conversations with clients.
Other duties as assigned. All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Preferred Previous experience in banking to include branch banking or finance, lending, navigating rules and regulations, client needs assessments and a track record of exceptional performance.
- Preferred 1+ years banking experience or equivalent.
- Experience with Microsoft office suite or other comparable software applications
- Ability to learn to identify solutions, educate clients, network, and build relationships
- Beginning to research, learn, investigate, and question to offer ideal products and services
- Building technological skills in various delivery channels. Channels include online banking platforms, BillPay, E-Statements, mobile banking, ATM and business banking applications
- A deep desire to assist clients in achieving their financial goals.
- Knowledgeable in all products and digital solutions to successfully educate clients on what we offer, and how to use them.
- Continuously working to improve communications skills.
- Attention to detail, follow up and follow through.
- Ability to collaborate with peers across the bank
- Building technical aptitude in Windows OS, Apple, and Samsung handheld devices and the ability to trouble shoot systems.
- High capacity for empathy and a demonstration of emotional intelligence.
- Has skills to engage in business development
- Learning presentation skills
- Learning to manage deposit and loan portfolios including less complex consumer and business relationships (could this be scope with defined volume)
- Ability to obtain an NMLS within 60 days
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter into a requisition search agreement.