Business Banking Relationship Manager
DescriptionDevelops, advises, manages and retains client relationships. Solicits new business relationships. Focuses on profitability of relationship. This is a sales and solutions focused position. Strong part of the overall branch team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Business development of new commercial client relationships
- Business development of current client relationships
- Develop internal relationships in order to provide comprehensive financial solutions to clients from all areas of the bank
- Works productively with the SBLC
- Advises clients on financial solutions and strategies
- Manage and review client relationships
- Ability to articulate Columbia Bank’s value proposition.
- Building awareness of banking industry and industry specific trends
- Demonstrate intermediate understanding and development of Commercial banking financial solutions:
- Credit structures and solutions Engage in community relationships and activities for business development
- Strong contributor to the Branch team meeting annual goals
- Participate in Branch team meetings, Marketing meetings, Joint calls with Branch Manager
- Knowledge of other banking services offered by other Lines of Businesses to identify and offer qualified referrals.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or other appropriate area preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3+ years’ Business banking experience or equivalent
- Ability to cross sell an increasing variety of bank products
- Proficient in building client and business partner relationships
- Handles complex relationships and interacts with outside counsel, title companies, etc.
- Proficient business development and sales skills
- Ability to manage existing portfolio
- Consultative selling skills and approach
- Working knowledge of credit structures
- Well-developed credit skills and acumen
- Further developing underwriting skills
- Building understanding of personal and business financial statements and tax returns
- Ability to manage a complex workflow
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Client satisfaction
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to provide client solutions
- Ability to prospect new client relationships
- Ability to coach and mentor
- Working knowledge of bank products and
- Proficient in building and managing client relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and client services skills
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.