Loan Review Examiner II
DescriptionThis job is responsible for conducting assigned loan examinations of the Bank’s lending portfolios with the goal of assuring the overall safety, soundness, quality of assets and financial condition of the Bank.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete assigned duties of scheduled examinations and due diligence projects insuring that they are professionally accomplished within time and financial constraints.
- Conduct loan examinations in a manner which independently evaluates and tests loan performance as well as credit standards to policies and procedures.
- Perform the testing and review of internal control systems to identify potential problem loans before they result in losses.
- Interface with lending personnel and the business unit management teams.
- Contribute to the overall safety, soundness and quality of loan assets and financial condition of the Bank by presenting or providing recommendations and follow up activities.
- Apprise the Team Leader, the Loan Review Manager, or Examiner-in-Charge of any risks, events, or loss activity.
- Complete assigned training duties.
- Prepare examination reports.
- Completes project scoping and assignment of credits for examinations when acting as Examiner-in-Charge.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree or equivalent experience.
- Professional Loan Review Certification or Credit Risk Certification preferred.
- 4+ year’s progressive experience with a mid to large scale bank in the areas of commercial lending, Loan Review, Credit Administration, Special Credits and/or the equivalent Regulatory experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience level based in the areas of commercial and mortgage banking, economics, internal controls, loan work outs, financial statement analysis, and regulatory and external accounting practices and procedures.
- Able to function effectively within a multi task work environment and apply skills and techniques to respond to business needs.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent risk identification skills.
- Good understanding and the proficient use of industry standard computer management tools - DiCom, all Microsoft Office applications, etc.
- Good negotiation and relationship building ability.
- Good understanding and orientation toward customer service.
- Provide administrative and general support to the success of the team.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.