Quality Control Specialist
DescriptionThis position is responsible for various quality control review functions related to loans. Primary responsibilities include: review of all consumer loan documents prior to delivery for accuracy and completeness; audit of new loans for compliance with bank policy and regulations, initiating corrective action as needed. Ensures operating policies and procedures meet established objectives for accuracy, service quality, compliance, and efficiency.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for reviewing all consumer loan documents prior to delivery to ensure documents are accurately and properly drawn; recommending corrections and reporting significant deficiencies to the Loan Documentation Manager.
- Perform detailed review of all consumer booked loans, to ensure boarding data accuracy and that loans are in agreement with accounting and loan system records; compliance with bank commitments, lending regulations, Bank policy and procedures. In addition, verifying documents were properly executed and sufficiently recorded to perfect collateral and contractually obligate borrower.
- Assist in preparation and distribution of monthly loan review exception reports to Department Manager, Loan Review, Credit Administration, Retail Administration and Loan Officers.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of consumer loan documentation and collateral requirements, loan policy, loan regulations and loan system functionality.
- Professionally communicate and provide service to Loan Officers, Credit Administration and various departments by investigating and resolving complex documentation problems and inquiries.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of three years directly related work experience preferred.
- Previous loan origination/documentation system experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Precision core system preferred.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Prior consumer loan documentation experience with functional knowledge of consumer loan documentation requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of state and federal regulations applicable to lending, as well as bank policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize duties to meet deadlines and production standards.
- Ability to create general correspondence and communicate effectively in verbal and written formats.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism and positive attitude with team members and clients.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and collectively within a team environment.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter into a requisition search agreement.