Credit Review Officer
Umpqua Bank is a publicly traded financial holdings company which offers banking, lending, and wealth management services to our personal, business, and commercial customers. Headquartered in Lake Oswego, Oregon with 4,000+ employees and operations across Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, Arizona, Colorado, and Nevada. It’s an especially exciting time to join our team as, upon the completion of the merger with Columbia Bank, we grow to become a leading western regional bank with more than $50B in assets under management and an unwavering commitment to our associates, our customers, and our communities.
About the Role:
In this role, you will provide an independent review and risk assessment of non-Homogeneous loans, ensuring adherence to Bank credit policies, underwriting guidelines, and applicable regulations, as well as determining that risk is accurately identified via the Bank's internal loan risk rating system.
- Performs risk analyses to determine financial integrity and identifies potential credit problems.
- Examines and evaluates records pertaining to loan documentation and collateral, documenting exceptions and omissions.
- Monitors compliance with bank policies and is the final authority on assignment of credit quality loan grade (risk rating) based on the borrower’s ability to pay and the level of credit risk to the bank. Summarizes and documents the facts and findings of reviews.
- Provides recommendations regarding review frequency and identification of additional potential credit problems.
- Reviews commercial and mortgage loans/commitments to ensure the appropriate Risk Ratings are assigned.
- Reviews various reports to monitor and ensure that specified borrowing relationships are reported appropriately.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises limited judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities – knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
- Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, economics, accounting, or equivalent.
- 2-4 years previous experience as a Credit Review Officer with a financial institution or regulatory agency or equivalent work in a commercial lending position. Required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve sensitive situations.
- Excellent financial analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base wages and comprehensive benefits. The pay range for this role is $43,470.00-$89,886.00, and the pay rate for the selected candidate is dependent upon a variety of non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, education, and geographic location. The role may be eligible for performance-based incentive compensation and those details will be provided during the recruitment process.
We offer eligible associates comprehensive healthcare coverage (medical, dental, and vision plans), a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with employer match for qualifying associate contributions, an employee assistance program, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition assistance, mental health resources, identity theft protection, legal support, auto and home insurance, pet insurance, access to an online discount marketplace, and paid vacation, sick days, volunteer days, and holidays. Benefit eligibility begins the first day of the month following the date of hire for associates who are regularly scheduled to work at least thirty hours weekly.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Umpqua Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to employing, engaging, and developing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other applicable protected status or characteristics. If you require an accommodation to complete the application or interview(s), please let us know by email: [email protected]
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:
Our posted job opportunities are only intended for individuals seeking employment at Umpqua Bank. Umpqua Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies and Umpqua Bank will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resume submissions. Staffing and recruiting agencies are not authorized to submit profiles, applications, or resumes to this site or to any Umpqua Bank employee and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited unless requested directly by a member of the Talent Acquisition team.