Senior Financial Advisor
DescriptionA Senior Financial Advisor is an experienced financial professional who can work within a team structure to manage a large book of business encompassing business development, financial planning, asset management, pipeline management, and a high level understanding of most client financial considerations. This role encompasses a multi-faceted wealth management model. This individual will need to continue to enhance their skill set to stay relevant and effective in an ever evolving industry.
This individual will also lead within the organization as a top line professional, establishing and sharing best practices in segmentation, client engagement processes, team dynamics, and relationship management both internally and with clients. A Senior Financial Advisor may manage clients linked to a group of branches, business/commercial clients, or function as a ‘hub or second floor’ advisor for an existing book of business. This individual should have the skill set to manage client relationships at any asset level, tapping into any and all necessary resources at their disposal to provide an optimal experience and results for the client.
As with all Financial Advisors, the client must come first in all situations and the track record of any applicant should reflect this standard. The Senior Financial Advisor is expected to consistently maintain and build a book of business, both individually and/or within an established team, which may include additional Financial Advisors, Client Service Specialists, Retail Bankers, and Wealth Advisors. We are part of a community bank and this individual should be integrated into their community as a go-to subject matter expert for existing clients, prospective clients, and colleagues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Build and maintain client focused relationships
- Achieve or exceed assigned production goals
- Maintain appropriate business ethics and compliant activities and processes
- Maintain effective relationships with all bank personnel in assigned branches by holding meetings/trainings, answering questions and providing ongoing support and education
- Manage time and expenses for optimal productivity and results
- Maintain on-going client relationships to retain and develop business opportunities
- Provide clients with a high level of individualized service based on comprehensive planning and investment strategies consistent with their individual financial goals and objectives.
- Achieve client satisfaction and loyalty through excellent service.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or applicable professional credentials such as CFA, CIMA, CFP, CWS, CEPA, or AIF preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience as an Investment Executive, Financial Advisor, Certified Financial Planner, Investment Advisor Representative, Wealth Manager
- Series 7, 63 (or equivalent), 65 or 66, and Insurance licenses for states registered
- Strong marketing and business development skills with an inherent ability to close business in the best interest of the client
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport via phone, webinar, and in person
- Strong product knowledge and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Proactive, responsive, and motivated to be the best our industry has to offer a client
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary and comprehensive benefits. The base salary range for this role is $50,000 - $60,000, and the pay rate for the successful applicant depends on a variety of non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, education, and geographic location. The role is also eligible for performance-based commission pay and those details will be provided during the recruitment process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter into a requisition search agreement.