Commercial Loan Underwriter II
DescriptionResponsible for Commercial Loan Underwriting support to the Commercial Banking and Commercial Real Estate Officers while performing various duties related to position of Commercial Loan Underwriter
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze credit and financial information (e.g., credit reports, tax returns, financial statements, etc.) to determine risk involved in lending money to commercial/individual customers.
- Enter financial figures into appropriate programs to generate ratios, and examine data to determine credit worthiness. Compare items such as liquidity and profitability with other companies of same industry, size, and geographic location for commercial customers.
- Input, review, and underwrite commercial business loan requests.
- Assist lenders with the loan process by analyzing the current credit and financial information of individuals or firms to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money. Assist in underwriting the loan request with this credit information for use in loan committee approval.
- Facilitate the processing and tracking of loans, by helping with the following:
- Ensure accurate data on the credit approval reports
- Manage the loan tracking reports for financial statements, tax returns, insurance policies, title policies, delinquent taxes, compliance, and other reports
- Perform system maintenance on existing loans
- Other tasks necessary to aid in the loan process
- Review loan application packages and ensure accuracy of system input.
- Analyze credit reports and financial statements.
- Apply bank loan procedures and policies.
- Maintain acceptable turnaround times for processing.
- Clearly communicate loan decisions, terms and conditions to lending staff.
- Generate approval memorandums for loan files
- Cross train to support Commercial Loan Officers.
- Perform other duties as assigned
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Solid computer skills, including knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software applications; accurate typing/keyboarding skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to motivate self.
- Ability to:
- Thoroughly analyze applicable materials and draw valid conclusions from data on small business borrowers.
- Work independently while managing multiple activities
- Establish and maintain working relationships
- Work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Comprehend and apply new information
- Associates degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum three (3) – five (5) years of experience in commercial lending
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter into a requisition search agreement.