Commercial Credit Analyst
Facilitates the origination, credit analysis underwriting and ongoing administration of loans. Works as a team closely with clients, Relationship Managers and Portfolio Managers.
- Works very closely with clients, Relationship Managers and Portfolio Managers to analyze loan needs and options available to meet client financial goals
- Identify and refer clients based on new products and services
- Conducts analysis by generating, running and utilizing system generated reports
- Prepares complete credit presentations
- Regularly identifies and cross sells a wide variety products and services appropriate for the client in conjunction with the Relationship Manager
- Conducts comprehensive analysis of client personal and business financial status Recognizes and mitigates credit and industry risks
- Analyze and complete term loan reviews portfolio analysis
- Provides exemplary customer service to internal and external clients
- On-going loan administration, file maintenance and collection of financials
- Ensure regulatory and bank compliance of all loan packages
- Other duties as assigned
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or other relevant area preferred- or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of commercial experience or other relevant experience
- Completes the credit presentation in a timely and accurate way
- In-depth understanding of cross sell opportunities across the bank
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and positive attitude with team members and clients.
- Ability to mentor other team members
- Broad knowledge in other banking services offered by other Lines of Businesses to identify and offer qualified referrals
- Demonstrates In-depth understanding of banking and credit administration environments
- Demonstrates In-depth understanding of personal and business financial statements and tax returns
- In-depth working knowledge of loan documentation and collateral perfection
- Demonstrated understanding of credit structures
- In-depth working knowledge of loan origination, financial spreading, and other banking software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient and demonstrates working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient and demonstrates research and analysis skills with attention to detail
- Ability to organize and process multiple projects to assure timely and accurate completion
- Ability to work independently and collectively within a team environment
OUR CORE BEHAVIORS
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
- Have a Sense of Community. We firmly believe that we're only as strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an important part of who we are.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions