Commercial Relationship Manager III
DescriptionDevelops, advises, manages and retains client relationships. Solicits new business relationships. Focuses on profitability of relationship. This is a sales and solutions focused position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Business development of new commercial client relationships
- Develop internal relationships in order to provide comprehensive financial solutions to clients from all areas of the bank
- Business development of current client relationships
- Advises clients on financial solutions and strategies
- Manage and review client relationships
- High level of awareness of banking industry and industry specific trends
- Broad and demonstrated knowledge in other banking services offered by other Lines of Businesses to identify and offer qualified referrals.
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge, understanding and development of Commercial banking financial solutions:
- Complex Credit structures and solutions Treasury Management and Deposit Solutions
- Engage in community relationships and activities for business development
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or other appropriate area preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years’ Commercial banking experience or equivalent
- Proven ability to cross sell all bank products
- Expert in building client relationships
- Handles complex relationships and interacts with outside counsel, title companies, etc.
- Expert business development and sales skills
- Ability to manage existing portfolio
- Consultative selling skills and approach
- Deep and demonstrates knowledge of credit structures
- Well-developed and demonstrated credit skills and acumen
- Well-developed and disciplined underwriting skills
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of personal and business financial statements and tax returns
- Ability to manage a complex workflow
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Client satisfaction
- Demonstrates ability to work independently
- Demonstrates ability to provide client solutions
- Demonstrates ability to prospect new client relationships
- Demonstrates ability to coach and mentor other team members
- Deep and demonstrated knowledge of bank products and services
- Expert in building, advising and managing client relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and client services skills
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter into a requisition search agreement.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary and comprehensive benefits. The annualized range for this role is $86,000 - $201,000, and the pay rate for the successful applicant depends on a variety of non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The role may be eligible for performance-based incentive compensation and those details will be provided during the recruitment process.
We offer eligible associates cost-effective benefit options including comprehensive healthcare coverage (medical, dental, and vision plans), a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with employer match for qualifying associate contributions, an employee assistance program, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition assistance, mental health resources, paid time off for vacation, illness, volunteerism, and holidays. Benefit eligibility begins the first day of the month following the date of hire for associates who are regularly scheduled to work at least thirty hours weekly.