Wealth Protection Strategist
DescriptionA Wealth Protection Strategist has a thorough understanding of how to evaluate and implement insurance and other potential risk mitigation solutions as part of a client’s overall financial plan. As a Wealth Protection Strategist you will partner with our financial advisors and/or financial planners to evaluate a client’s risk management and legacy planning needs. After a comprehensive financial plan is developed the Wealth Protection Strategist will work with the financial advisor and/or financial planner, and the client to implement the recommended solutions. You may also work directly with our business and commercial bankers as needed.
This individual will also lead within the organization as a top line professional, establishing and sharing best practices in segmentation, client engagement processes, team dynamics, and relationship management both internally and with clients. This individual should have the skill set to manage client relationships at any asset level, tapping into any and all necessary resources at their disposal to provide an optimal experience and results for the client.
As with all Consultants, the client must come first in all situations and the track record of any applicant should reflect this standard. The Wealth Protection Strategist is expected to consistently maintain contact with all clients during the planning and implementation process. Besides creating new relationships, the Wealth Protection Strategist must maintain existing client relationships. This may involve regular client reviews as needed to maintain an optimal long term strategy that aligns with the client’s goals and objectives. We are part of a community bank and this individual should be integrated into their community as a go-to subjec
- Gather complete financial information from the client via joint meetings with the financial advisor, a financial planner, or on your own.
- Work directly with our Financial Planning department to determine what solutions are needed based on discovery during the planning process.
- Consult with our insurance providers to design solutions based on the client’s individual needs that were uncovered during the discovery and planning process.
- Present your recommendations in a professional format to include the entire financial plan, all illustrations and all pertinent information and disclosures.
- Assist in execution of the plan to include obtaining client’s signatures and completing the application process including submission of all paperwork to the solutions provider.
- Track the progress of the solution set. Provide any additional information required by the solution provider. Keep the advisor, planner, and client informed as needed.
- Meet with the client to review the plan once it has been executed and the policies are in place.
- Annual follow up with the client to touch base and insure the plan still provides the needed coverages.
- Achieve or exceed assigned production goals
- Maintain appropriate business ethics and compliant activities and processes
- Maintain effective relationships with all bank personnel in assigned areas by holding meetings/trainings, answering questions and providing ongoing support and education
- Manage time and expenses for optimal productivity and results
- Maintain on-going client relationships to retain and develop business opportunities
- Provide clients with a high level of individualized service based on comprehensive planning and investment strategies consistent with their individual financial goals and objectives.
- Achieve client satisfaction and loyalty through excellent service.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or applicable professional credentials such as CFA, CIMA, CFP, CWS, CEPA, or AIF preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Wealth Protection Strategist, Investment Executive, Financial Advisor, Certified Financial Planner, Investment Advisor Representative, Wealth Manager, Insurance Specialist, or Risk Strategist
- Series 6/7, 63 (or equivalent), 65 or 66, and Insurance licenses for states registered
- Strong marketing and business development skills with an inherent ability to close business in the best interest of the client
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport via phone, webinar, and in person
- Strong product knowledge and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Proactive, responsive, and motivated to be the best our industry has to offer a client
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
- Have a sense of community. We firmly believe that we’re only as strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an important part of who we are.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment