Wealth Protection Strategist
- Gather complete financial information from the client via joint meetings with the financial advisor, a financial planner, or on your own.
- Work directly with our Financial Planning department to determine what solutions are needed based on discovery during the planning process.
- Consult with our insurance providers to design solutions based on the client’s individual needs that were uncovered during the discovery and planning process.
- Present your recommendations in a professional format to include the entire financial plan, all illustrations and all pertinent information and disclosures.
- Assist in execution of the plan to include obtaining client’s signatures and completing the application process including submission of all paperwork to the solutions provider.
- Track the progress of the solution set. Provide any additional information required by the solution provider. Keep the advisor, planner, and client informed as needed.
- Meet with the client to review the plan once it has been executed and the policies are in place.
- Annual follow up with the client to touch base and insure the plan still provides the needed coverages.
- Achieve or exceed assigned production goals
- Maintain appropriate business ethics and compliant activities and processes
- Maintain effective relationships with all bank personnel in assigned areas by holding meetings/trainings, answering questions and providing ongoing support and education
- Manage time and expenses for optimal productivity and results
- Maintain on-going client relationships to retain and develop business opportunities
- Provide clients with a high level of individualized service based on comprehensive planning and investment strategies consistent with their individual financial goals and objectives.
- Achieve client satisfaction and loyalty through excellent service.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or applicable professional credentials such as CFA, CIMA, CFP, CWS, CEPA, or AIF preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Wealth Protection Strategist, Investment Executive, Financial Advisor, Certified Financial Planner, Investment Advisor Representative, Wealth Manager, Insurance Specialist, or Risk Strategist
- Series 6/7, 63 (or equivalent), 65 or 66, and Insurance licenses for states registered
- Strong marketing and business development skills with an inherent ability to close business in the best interest of the client
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport via phone, webinar, and in person
- Strong product knowledge and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Proactive, responsive, and motivated to be the best our industry has to offer a client
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
- Have a sense of community. We firmly believe that we’re only as strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an important part of who we are.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment