BSA Compliance Analyst
DescriptionResponsible for assisting Columbia Bank’s BSA Team in maintaining the Bank’s BSA Regulatory Compliance Program Under the direction of the BSA Officer, meets identified needs of the program on a prioritized and scheduled basis. Incumbents will assist the BSA Team, with selected tasks associated with management of the BSA and OFAC program.
This role is primarily responsible for reviewing and investigating automated transaction monitoring AML alerts and investigating AML cases including recommending the initial resolution and preparing SAR reports. Incumbent is responsible for timely completion of all alerts and cases according to established timelines and expectations. Attention to detail, self-management and the natural curiosity to understand 'why' is imperative for success in this role.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with gathering, processing and coordinating the Bank’s BSA, AML and OFAC data to help ensure compliance with the BSA.
- Assist with compliance exams by gathering files, records, and other pertinent information for review by compliance examiners.
- Assist other BSA employees in tasks necessary to perform the overall management of the Program.
- Organize analyze, and present data related to the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA PATRIOT Act, and the rules of OFAC, including CTR processing and SAR decisioning.
- Monitor email and extract data for compliance with the BSA, USA Patriot Act and the rules of OFAC.
- Develop a basic knowledge of bank laws and regulations, assisting in the implementation of new regulations or changes to existing regulations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new banking products and/or services affected by regulations.
- Maintains detailed documentation of all processes used to satisfy above activities.
- May gather, evaluate and present data to assist in coordinating and conducting staff, management, and committee meetings and presentations to ensure an understanding of compliance policies and procedures.
- May assist the BSA Officer in conducting training for branch/lending operations, support units and management staff.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience equivalent required.
- 1+ years BSA experience in a bank or bank regulatory agency.
- 3+ years analysis experience
- Working knowledge of in Microsoft Office Suite – particularly Microsoft Excel
- Ability to analyze and report relevant data
- Ability to handle highly confidential information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills.
- Intermediate experience working with word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as accomplish work assignments under minimal supervision and sometimes tight deadlines.
- Ability to meet bonding requirements for employment purposes.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.