- Work on complex training issues, where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation and understanding of organization strategies and business objectives;
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods and techniques for performance improvement.
- Assess, design, develop and deliver curriculum..
- Applies knowledge of adult learning theory and exercises independent judgment in selecting methods, techniques and materials to ensure training and development goals and objectives are met.
- Ensures implementation of effective program to include instructor-led training, web-based training and on-the-job coaching delivery methods.
- Applies advanced professional training and development skills to conduct needs assessments and resolve highly complex performance and training issues.
- Demonstrates understanding of impacted workflows, organization strategies and business objectives.
- Evaluates technical training effectiveness; recommends and implements program improvements
- Consults with subject matter experts, trainers and content developers, contractors and leadership.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 3-5 years’ experience designing training for adult audiences in a professional environment (commercial or corporate).
- Experience using Articulate Storyline or similar e-learning software required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and web-based applications
- Coursework or certifications related to Instructional Design, Instructional Development, Instructional Technology, or Adult Education preferred
- Deep knowledge of design principles and methods
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Innovative, highly-motivated, flexible, and team-oriented
- Ability to work within budgets and schedules
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- A portfolio demonstrating your craft and collaborative process
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
- Have a sense of community. We firmly believe that we’re only as strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an important part of who we are.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment