NeighborHub Relationship Banker
Provides a full range of financial services at a retail branch location. Responsible for providing an exceptional client experience that includes, but is not limited to processing client transactions, placing clients in appropriate account and loan products and referring clients for other bank services and departments as appropriate. Position’s focus is to find, grow, and keep bank clients and establish life-long relationships.
- Provides excellent client service by offering immediate acknowledgement and responding to client inquiries, must follow through in a timely manner.
- Participates in meeting or exceeding monthly relationship building and client experience goals.
- Proficient in opening bank accounts and while maintaining a keen awareness in referring clients to bank partners for additional financial solutions as appropriate.
- Proactively reviews and uses prospect lists and client bios on a daily basis to identify potential sales seams for new and existing clients.
- Proactively works with Branch Manager and Business Banker to identify business development opportunities, which includes business development client calls, within the market area.
- Follows up with client calls to share appropriate financial solutions that may benefit the client.
- Assists Branch Manager and Business Banker with DLC & SBLC loan processing and loan closing.
- Active participation in community events – Some will be outside of normal working hours.
- Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Columbia Bank culture.
- May perform other duties as assigned, must comply with all Federal, State and loan financial regulations.
- Maintains operational integrity of the bank branch including: opening and closing the branch, operational audits, security, wire transfers, and monitoring branch controls.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED.
- 2+ years banking that includes cash handling, opening new deposit accounts, opening new loan accounts and a tract record of outstanding client service
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to proficiently perform a wide variety of tasks.
- Works well independently
- Exceptional client focused relationship building and service skills
- Possesses solid understanding of a full range of financial services offered by the bank including consumer/business deposit products, electronic banking services, lending products, and other appropriate financial products and services offered by the Bank through expert referral partners
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and any banking software used in the branch
- Proficient in consumer and small business lending
- Overall knowledge of bank operations
- Knowledge of Policies and procedures
- Proficient understanding of all bank financial products and services
- May require some help to resolve conflicts.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and switch between teller, new accounts, loan, and partner referral roles
- NMLS certified
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
- Have a sense of community. We firmly believe that we’re only as strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an important part of who we are.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment