Assistant Branch Manager
DescriptionThis position works closely with the Branch Manager to attain branch/bank established goals. Manages a team responsible for exceptional customer service standards along with operational soundness and generating revenue for the branch/bank.
Essential Job Functions:
- Acts as back up to personal banking team to open new accounts, receive loan requests and gather credit-related information
- Ensures the branch is operationally sound.
- Ensures that the Client Service Specialists are trained and competent in explaining all products and services offered.
- Monitors sales and service goals
- Processes and oversees technical tasks such as opening and closing of the branch, overdraft monitoring, wire transfers and collections, stop payments and monitoring branch controls.
- Routinely and consistently provides guidance and training to branch team.
- Resolves conflicts with minimal help
- May back up new accounts
- May back up Client Service Specialist line
- Ability to pass personal banking training
- Responsible for satisfactory audits
- Actively contributes to employee management and training
- Services complex accounts often
- Actively coaches and mentors team to deepen customer relations
- Works with Branch Manager to identify business development opportunities
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years retail banking experience
- Bilingual preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Some management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and any banking software used in the branch
- Training and mentoring skills
- Customer focused service and sales skills
- Understands consumer and small business lending
- Overall knowledge of bank operations
- Previous Client Service Specialist experience
- Knowledge of Policies and procedures
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary and comprehensive benefits. The hourly range for this role is $22.72 to $29.81, and the pay rate for the successful applicant depends on a variety of non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The role may be eligible for performance-based incentive compensation and those details will be provided during the recruitment process.
We offer eligible associates cost-effective benefit options including comprehensive healthcare coverage (medical, dental, and vision plans), a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with employer match for qualifying associate contributions, an employee assistance program, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition assistance, mental health resources, paid time off for vacation, illness, volunteerism, and holidays. Benefit eligibility begins the first day of the month following the date of hire for associates who are regularly scheduled to work at least thirty hours weekly.
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:
Our posted job opportunities are only intended for individuals seeking employment at Umpqua Bank. Umpqua Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies and Umpqua Bank will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resume submissions. Staffing and recruiting agencies are not authorized to submit profiles, applications, or resumes to this site or to any Umpqua Bank employee and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited unless requested directly by a member of the Talent Acquisition team.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Umpqua Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to employing, engaging, and developing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other applicable protected status or characteristics. If you require an accommodation to complete the application or interview(s), please let us know by email: [email protected]