DescriptionCompletes a variety of functions and tasks pertaining to key areas of the Bank’s commercial lending programs in order to meet and exceed established objectives for profit, growth and exceptional customer service. Handles technical, complex loan review and approval functions. May supervise personnel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides loan underwriting assistance to a regional unit(s) and/or within specific areas of expertise, ensuring compliance with loan policy guidelines and proper management of loan portfolio.
- Assists in achievement of the Bank’s loan growth through proper structuring of credit approvals and seeking opportunities for expanding loan accommodations in areas of responsibilities.
- Assists and provides training as needed in credit structure, analysis and loan submission procedures.
- Authorizes, declines, or recommends credit requests. Ensures that policies and procedures are administered consistently and in accordance with the Bank’s objectives and banking regulations.
- Participates in various lending committees.
- Maintains ongoing interaction with all credit-related departments to ensure conformity with established goals.
- Maintains continuous study of financial news and lending services to keep informed of economic and financial conditions affecting the lending environment.
- Supervises staff to ensure maximum productivity and contribution.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or other relevant field
- 8+ years commercial lending experience
- Thorough knowledge of credit analysis, loan policy guidelines and lending legal requirements.
- Thorough understanding of credit analysis and loan structure, including cash flow and repayment source.
- Thorough understanding of asset-based lending and owner and non-owner occupied CRE.
- Thorough understanding of Private/Professional Banking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective delegation skills
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.