Loan Operations and Technical Skills instructor
DescriptionDesigns, develops and delivers operational and technical training to employees within Columbia Bank.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify, design and provide additional tools and resources that support development beyond formal training.
- Partner with business lines to uncover learning needs and expectation.
- Determine delivery methods to provide cost-effective, quality learning programs and methods.
- Will work with SME to design and deliver content.
- Ensures all programs align with compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures training programs are assigned to appropriate audiences and tracked in the Learning Management System for accurate Training Dashboard and metric reporting.
- Adheres to Talent Development Department standard processes
- Keep up to date with corporate technology to ensure appropriate delivery method is used for all new and existing training programs including LMS, WebEx, eLearning, Mobile Learning and Distance Learning systems. Recommends alternative delivery methods as needed for remote audiences.
- Conducts training courses for operational, procedural, and technology skills.
- May coordinate training logistics and provide staff support.
- May design and deliver various modalities including but not limited to eLearning, simulation, in- person, and virtual training.
- Develop classroom handouts, instructional materials, job aids, and manuals.
- Analyze training outcomes to determine effectiveness and make recommendations for improvements
- Assist with the technical systems training for lenders.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 years of training and development experience with 5 years of financial experience.
- Previous successful experience in loan operations preferred.
- Understanding of bank operations.
- Understanding of and ability to use computer applications at an intermediate level.
- Ability to effectively train a number of employees in a classroom setting.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to design, administers, and updates technical training programs.
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain rapport with all levels of management and employees.
- Negotiates and resolves conflict effectively.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment; multi-tasking is required.
- Must possess a broad understanding of the learning field and best practices.
- Solid understanding of all company products and services.
- Work with an appropriate level of independence needed to facilitate training courses
- Ability to travel by automobile for branch visitations, meetings, and training sessions.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interface with people
- Must have skills to research, analyze and effectively organize material.
- Ability to apply effective training practices into the learning environment.
- Strong project management skills
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.