Special Credits Officer
DescriptionSpecial Credit Officers are responsible for managing and monitoring deteriorating loan portfolios. This includes developing, negotiating and implementing collection strategies and action plans to maximize the bank's recovery efforts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews incoming and existing problem loans for credit risk, documentation deficiencies and loss exposure;
- address and resolve pending issues
- Analyzes problem credits in order to formulate and implement plans for rehabilitation, workout, and/or liquidation as necessary to effect repayment
- Assists other Bank lending units and personnel regarding problem loan recognition, resolution and transfer to Special Credits for handling, if appropriate
- Reviews and approves, within workout approval limits, loan restructures, workouts or liquidation plans and credit presentations
- Administers an assigned workout portfolio of loans of all types of credits Interacts with Columbia Bank's senior and executive management, commercial loan officers, regulatory agencies, loan customers, attorneys and other professionals or agents of the Bank in the effective resolution of problem loans
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, finance, or related field Background in accounting and/or law preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years in special credits experience. Prior commercial lending or branch banking lending experience
- Basic understanding of State and Federal law (including bankruptcy code), banking regulations, commercial lending and credit analysis, consumer lending and credit analysis, and GAAP
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Demonstrated attentiveness to detail
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.