Financial Services Sales Assistant I
DescriptionProvide administrative & operational support for one or more Financial Advisor(s) and serve as a liaison between Financial Advisor(s) and their clients. A sales assistant has a large influence on client satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide variety of administrative support, which includes answering incoming calls, organizing filing systems, coordinating schedules and prepare correspondence and documents.
- Relieve Financial Advisor(s) of a significant amount of administrative details & duties.
- Complete forms and process daily business as necessary. Send various forms to clients as requested and required.
- Assist Financial Advisor with client support and time management.
- Process confidential information
- Open, maintain and service client accounts. Follow-up on missing paperwork. Process new accounts and files.
- Perform daily business processing to include department mail & processing checks and securities.
- Maintain client and mailing database. Update Financial Advisor’s calendar.
- Service clients through researching and resolving problems.
- Coordinate and assist Financial Advisor(s) with client events by marketing, mailings, follow-up & assistance on day of event.
- Work with Operation’s Department for account maintenance and to initiate and update client instructions.
- Complete department projects through detailed involvement.
- Maintain client scanning system so records are accurate and complete.
- Balance settlement account & review trade blotters.
- Review and notify Financial Advisor(s) of new referrals.
- Send wires as requested by Financial Advisor(s) and clients
- Provide backup support to other Financial Assistants when necessary.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum SIE Exam completion
- Study to successfully pass S7 & 63 or 66 licensing exams (as required) within 6 months of hire date to continue in position
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience as an assistant in the financial services industry or related field is preferred.
- Becoming familiar with investment concepts and terminology, including investment vehicles, transaction types, and securities clearing system.
- Building skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be a self-starter and work with initiative while working closely with clients and Financial Advisors.
- Must be able to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks at once.
- Data entry, reading and comprehensive skills required.
- Ability to process confidential work
- Professional attire
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter into a requisition search agreement.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary and comprehensive benefits. The annualized range for this role is $22.72 - $29.81 and the pay rate for the successful applicant depends on a variety of non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The role may be eligible for performance-based incentive compensation and those details will be provided during the recruitment process.
We offer eligible associates cost-effective benefit options including comprehensive healthcare coverage (medical, dental, and vision plans), a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with employer match for qualifying associate contributions, an employee assistance program, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition assistance, mental health resources, paid time off for vacation, illness, volunteerism, and holidays. Benefit eligibility begins the first day of the month following the date of hire for associates who are regularly scheduled to work at least thirty hours weekly.