Client Engagement Banker
DescriptionColumbia Bank is looking for innovative individuals who are passionate about digital solutions and the financial well-being of our clients. You are responsible for educating clients and helping them achieve their financial goals while being active in the community. This role is for those who want to leverage their interpersonal skills to build meaningful relationships with clients and serve as the face of a well-respected brand. Come be a part of the best place to bank in the Pacific Northwest.
Essential Job Functions:
- Delivers exceptional experiences to build, expand, and retain long-term client relationships with individual and small business clients, by assessing their needs and offering them the best products and digital services to meet their financial goals.
- Collaborates with partners across the bank in various lines of business as well as within the branch team.
- Familiar with and able to educate clients on digital banking products and services.
- Able to support and resolve client issues with digital products and services directly without having to pass the client to other departments.
- Supports the community. (This may include events during and after business hours, weekends, volunteerism, and other forms of community sponsorship.)
- Assesses the financial circumstances of our current clients and prospects and provide tailored solutions for their needs. Solutions can include a full range of retail products and loans, as well as collaborating across the Bank to meet client needs.
- Provides timely and accurate financial advice drawing on previous lending experience to originate and manage credit requests for business and consumer clients. This includes proactive management of a dedicated loan portfolio.
- Optimizes our client’s experience by connecting traditional branch banking to digital resources.
- Assists in troubleshooting remote services that include but are not limited to digital banking, Bill Pay, and ATMs.
- Converts in-person and phone conversations to leads.
- Conducts transactions efficiently while interacting with the client to build a deeper, long-lasting relationship.
- Adheres to bank policies, compliance, and regulations.
- Process and oversee technical tasks such as opening complex business accounts with no supervision.
- Skillfully handle customer complaints and concerns with the outcome goal of enhanced customer relations.
- Support ongoing sales and service training of team members to generate superior results and exceptional client experience.
- Skilled at identifying prospects. Developing an external COI network. Able to join Manager or Business Banker on sales calls.
- Proficient in consumer lending from initial client conversation to booking. Able to discuss and take an application for SBLC loans.
Other duties as assigned. All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous experience in banking to include branch banking or finance, lending, navigating rules and regulations, client needs assessments and a track record of exceptional performance.
- 5+ years banking experience or equivalent Proficient in Microsoft office suite or other comparable software applications
- Proven ability to identify solutions, educate clients, network, and build relationships
- Proven track record of research, learning, investigation, and questioning to offer ideal products and services
- Excellent technological skills in various delivery channels. Channels include online banking platforms, BillPay, E-Statements, mobile banking, ATM and business banking applications
- A deep desire to assist clients in achieving their financial goals.
- Knowledgeable in all products and digital solutions to successfully educate clients on what we offer, and how to use them.
- Exceptional communications skills.
- Attention to detail, follow up and follow through.
- Proven ability to collaborate with peers across the bank, including hosting or attending seminars for clients and bank employees.
- Exceptional technical aptitude in Windows OS, Apple, and Samsung handheld devices and the ability to trouble shoot systems.
- High capacity for empathy and a demonstration of emotional intelligence.
- Has skills to engage in business development
- Presentation skills
- Manage deposit and loan portfolios including complex consumer and business relationships (could this be scope with defined volume)
- Ability to obtain an NMLS within 60 days
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.