Commercial Portfolio Manager
DescriptionManages a predetermined portfolio of existing client relationships. Does not own the portfolio. Assist relationship manager with client/prospect related loan needs, and all duties assigned. Provides exemplary service to internal and external clients. Does not have sales goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works very closely with clients, Relationship Managers and Credit Analysts to analyze loan needs and options available.
- Financial monitoring/reporting & covenant compliance/quarterly risk ratings
- New credit underwriting
- Regularly identifies and cross sells a wide variety products and services appropriate for the client in conjunction with the Relationship Manager.
- Manages in-depth client relationships
- Ensure all bank loan documentation is accurate & banks security interest in collateral is perfected
- Ensure timely processing of all credit requests & renewals
- Analyze and complete term loan reviews
- On-going loan administration and file maintenance and collection of financials
- Ensure all bank loan files both hardcopy & digital are updated, organized & complete
- Perform a multitude of written & verbal communication tasks ensure completion of all assigned projects.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or other relevant area preferred- or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of commercial experience or other relevant experience
- In-depth understanding and ability to interpret accounting literature, regulations, practice and theory, as well as ability to apply this knowledge to day-to-day activities
- In-depth understanding of cross sell opportunities across the bank
- Ability to engage & dev. relationships with all internal bank departments
- Proficient computer skills with an emphasis on MS Office Products to include Excel and Word
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Effective team player
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- strong understanding of bank credit policies and procedures
- Strong understanding of commercial & real estate underwriting
- Broad and demonstrated knowledge in other banking services offered by other Lines of Businesses to identify and offer qualified referrals
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solution
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter into a requisition search agreement.