Quality Control Specialist
- Responsible for reviewing all commercial and consumer loan documents prior to delivery to ensure documents are accurately and properly drawn; recommending corrections and reporting significant deficiencies to the Loan Documentation Manager.
- Perform detailed review of all booked loans, both commercial and consumer, to ensure boarding data accuracy and that loans are in agreement with accounting and loan system records; compliance with bank commitments, lending regulations, Bank policy and procedures. In addition, verifying documents were properly executed and sufficiently recorded to perfect collateral and contractually obligate borrower.
- Assist in preparation and distribution of monthly loan review exception reports to Department Manager, Loan Review, Credit Administration, Retail Administration and Loan Officers.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of commercial and consumer loan documentation and collateral requirements, loan policy, loan regulations and loan system functionality.
- Professionally communicate and provide service to Loan Officers, Credit Administration and various departments by investigating and resolving complex documentation problems and inquiries.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of three years directly related work experience preferred.
- Previous loan origination/documentation system experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Precision core system preferred.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Prior consumer/commercial loan documentation experience with functional knowledge of commercial and consumer loan documentation requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of state and federal regulations applicable to lending, as well as bank policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize duties to meet deadlines and production standards.
- Ability to create general correspondence and communicate effectively in verbal and written formats.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism and positive attitude with team members and clients.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and collectively within a team environment.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions