Senior Collateral Examiner
DescriptionAsset Based Collateral Examiner performs audit write-ups and field examinations on existing asset based borrowers, focusing on accounts receivable and inventory assets.
**** Due to the nature of this role, the location of this role can be anywhere in the bank's footprint.****
This includes a review of books and records; analysis of bank statements, sources, uses of cash and review of financial statements. Perform tests on Accounts Receivable including shipping test; analyze credit memos, other receivable deductions and report accounts receivable statistics. Review of accounts payable; perform inventory test counts and cost analysis. Review other aspects of borrower’s business as necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
- Understand and perform the ABL functions associated with accounting and review of the examination assignment under the direction of management.
- Plan, direct, control and fulfill the examination assignment requirements as required per credit parameters and lender.
- To management an assignment and be responsible for the accompanying personnel.
- Ability to provide industry specific recommendations to the borrowing base structure.
- Prepare clear and concise high level written exam reports, highlighting areas of risk and exposure for Credit Administration and underwriting.
- Review loan documentation pertaining to asset-based line of credit as it relates to the assigned collateral.
- Over-night, out of town travel required.
- Prepare and participate in meetings/presentations when necessary and participate in other professional activities.
- Responsible for over-seeing and training Examiner I and II as needed.
- Full understanding of the Bank’s credit products.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance preferred
- Typically 5+ years of related experience
- Prior asset-based lending experience required.
- Advanced accounting and analytical skills
- Maintain an efficient and business-like approach at all times.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access, Outlook, and Excel).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Keep the lender, company and department aware of the progress of an assignment at all times; and stay within the parameters established for the assignment.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Demonstrated effective time management skills are necessary along with the ability to multitask and consistently follow up in a timely and effective manner.
- Advanced research and data gathering skills.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written formats.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to develop and maintain working knowledge of Columbia Bank policies, procedures, and systems.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary and comprehensive benefits. The annualized range for this role is $59,675 - $98,000, and the pay rate for the successful applicant depends on a variety of non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The role may be eligible for performance-based incentive compensation and those details will be provided during the recruitment process.
We offer eligible associates cost-effective benefit options including comprehensive healthcare coverage (medical, dental, and vision plans), a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with employer match for qualifying associate contributions, an employee assistance program, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition assistance, mental health resources, paid time off for vacation, illness, volunteerism, and holidays. Benefit eligibility begins the first day of the month following the date of hire for associates who are regularly scheduled to work at least thirty hours weekly.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter into a requisition search agreement.