Corporate Development Officer
DescriptionPerforms research, planning and analysis related to corporate strategy and development, including mergers and acquisitions. Includes review of industry statistics and trends, operating results and assisting in the preparation of reports and presentations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop models forecasting business line results, new product proposals, mergers and acquisitions, capital and long-term planning, and other ad hoc analyses requested by senior / executive management
- Develop, design and maintain executive and board-level presentations
- Develop white papers and other materials providing insights into trends and factors affecting the future growth and performance of the company
- Ensure that project output is useful, timely and acceptable in order to meet needs and expectations for quality, project objectives, budget, timeframes, etc.
- Establish and maintain effective rapport with all levels of employees
- With manager assistance, create clear and accurate presentations for senior management and the board of directors highlighting financial plans, results and trends
- Assist or lead production of the three-year operating plan
- Assist in special projects requiring handling of highly confidential and sensitive material and information
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, or Economics. MBA or MS in Finance preferred.
- 3+ years of work experience in investment banking—preferably in financial institutions group.
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions analysis and acquisition model development
- Expert personal computer skills in spreadsheet preparation as well as word processing, presentation, and database management and reporting software
- Strong and demonstrated organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as accomplish work assignments under minimal supervision and sometimes tight schedules
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Effective team player
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development
- Commit with HEART to serve others
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it