Mortgage Loan QC Specialist
DescriptionThis position is responsible for the audit of new residential loans for compliance with bank policy, regulatory regulations, and loan terms; initiating corrective action as needed. Ensures operating policies and procedures meet established objectives for accuracy, service quality, compliance, and efficiency.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures mortgage loan application received by bank are complete
- Verifies application information through written and verbal processes
- Knowledge of required mortgage loan disclosures
- Reviews HUD-1 / Closing Disclosure for accuracy
- Responsible for reviewing all incomplete and adverse action residential loan files to ensure documents are accurate and properly executed; recommending corrections and reporting significant deficiencies to Manager.
- Performs detailed review of all funded loans to ensure boarding data accuracy and that loans are in agreement with accounting and loan system records; compliance with bank commitments, lending regulations, Bank policy and procedures. In addition, verifying documents were properly executed and sufficiently recorded to perfect collateral and contractually obligate borrower.
- Assist in preparation and distribution of monthly loan reports to Department Manager, Loan Review, Credit Administration, Retail Administration and Loan Officers.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of residential loan documentation and collateral requirements, loan policy, loan regulations and loan system functionality.
- Professionally communicate and provide service to Loan Officers, Credit Administration and various departments by investigating and resolving complex documentation problems and inquiries.
- Monitor the Appraisal inbox
- Order Appraisals with AMC’s upon request
- Accept incoming appraisal and submit for review and approval by bank
- Deliver appraisal reports to borrowers after approved by bank
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures, and documents, including the
Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of two years directly related work experience preferred.
- Previous loan origination/documentation system experience preferred.
- Ability to organize and process multiple document request to assure timely and accurate completion
- Building research and problem solving capabilities.
- Knowledge of Precision core system preferred.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Prior loan documentation experience with functional knowledge of residential loan documentation requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of state and federal regulations applicable to lending, as well as bank policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize duties to meet deadlines and production standards.
- Ability to create general correspondence and communicate effectively in verbal and written formats.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism and positive attitude with team members and clients.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and collectively within a team environment.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional development.
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed written requisition contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Resumes submitted to any Columbia Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed requisition search agreement, will become the sole property of Columbia Bank. Columbia Bank will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. No employee outside of Columbia Bank’s Talent Acquisition team has the authority to enter into a requisition search agreement.