AppSec Security Engineer
CrashPlan® provides peace of mind through easy-to-use, automatic endpoint data backup. We help organizations recover from any worst-case scenario, whether it is a disaster, simple human error, a stolen laptop, ransomware or an as-of-yet undiscovered calamity. We continue to innovate as the landscape of work evolves, which makes CrashPlan foundational to organizations’ data security. What starts as endpoint backup and recovery becomes a solution for ransomware recovery, breaches, migrations, and legal holds. Our data-protection solution is a product of Code42, an industry leader protecting the critical data of more than 50,000 world-class organizations, including the largest global brands.
You belong at Code42 if you crave being a part of a transparent and team-first culture, you want to drive innovation, and security is always top of mind. We look for authentic people who are inquisitive, enjoy solving complex problems, and provide diverse insights to help us think differently and thrive together.
Head to crashplan.com to read customer testimonials and learn more about why our product is essential for security teams.
Don’t wait. #BeCode42
We’re evolving security to operate at the speed of DevOps. Our Application Security Team provides streamlined security services that enable our development teams to build secure products faster, with a focus on security operations, security automation, and security consulting. We win when our product development teams have the context, resources, and tools needed to build, deploy, and maintain secure code autonomously.
You will bring your curiosity and leverage your technical expertise to identify and deliver high impact security solutions that scale across our infrastructure. You will help define and oversee our automated security testing, assist in the management and resolution of product vulnerabilities, develop security resources that provide greater real-time visibility to product, and provide practical, risk-based security expertise when consulting on new projects.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Understanding security best practices and company security policy to provide actionable guidance
- for our product development teams
- Partnering with our Site Reliability Engineering team to ensure security is sensibly applied across
- our operating environments
- Identifying potential gaps and opportunities in existing security controls
- Researching and designing automated security risk mitigation technologies for our cloud
- Architecting and deploying secure cloud services cross-functionally in a DevOps environment,
- using both physical and virtual solutions
- Integrating new environments/security tools into existing infrastructure
- Ensuring tools used to support secure development are monitored for availability and performance
- Other software engineering and operational application security responsibilities, as required
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 4 year college degree preferably in a technical field AND 1-3-5 years of professional experience
- OR a combination of training and relevant work experience
- The ability to challenge assumptions and consider new ways to solve old problems
- Experience with delivering secure solutions via cloud services, such as AWS and Azure
- The ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in at least one programming language
- Solid understanding of software engineering and secure development principles
- A desire to automate all the mundane and repetitive tasks
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for employment, if not currently employed by Code42.
We offer a competitive salary that includes base + company bonus + equity. Final salary will be based upon experience and geographic location.
A first-class onboarding experience which includes professional development and personal development all while learning and living our Code42 values. We provide comprehensive benefits that include health, dental, vision, wellness, 401k, parental leave, pet insurance, generous paid time off and volunteer opportunities. At Code42 everyone is an owner. We participate in commission or bonus plans and all employees receive stock options. We win together.
Code42 values workplace diversity and ensuring an environment of mutual respect. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.