Manager, Security Operations
CrashPlan® provides peace of mind through easy-to-use, automatic endpoint data backup. We help organizations recover from any worst-case scenario, whether it is a disaster, simple human error, a stolen laptop, ransomware or an as-of-yet undiscovered calamity. We continue to innovate as the landscape of work evolves, which makes CrashPlan foundational to organizations’ data security. What starts as endpoint backup and recovery becomes a solution for ransomware recovery, breaches, migrations, and legal holds. Our data-protection solution is a product of Code42, an industry leader protecting the critical data of more than 50,000 world-class organizations, including the largest global brands.
You belong at Code42 if you crave being a part of a transparent and team-first culture, you want to drive innovation, and security is always top of mind. We look for authentic people who are inquisitive, enjoy solving complex problems, and provide diverse insights to help us think differently and thrive together.
Head to crashplan.com to read customer testimonials and learn more about why our product is essential for security teams.
Don’t wait. #BeCode42
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Establishing, building and leading a team of Security Engineers and Analysts.
- Developing and maturing security operations detection and response playbooks
- Researching emerging threats, TTPs and supporting threat hunting program goals.
- Responding to questions and comments from stakeholders on behalf of the security team
- Establishing, tracking, and reporting performance metrics for security operations.
- Refining and updating metrics, as needed, to ensure they are relevant and meaningful.
- Defining, deploying, and managing security infrastructure
- Defining security requirements for Code42 technical infrastructure and software
- Monitoring, assessing, reviewing, analyzing, and responding to security events from a variety of security tools
- Conducting security assessments using automated tools and manual penetration testing techniques
- Assisting with incident handling, forensic analysis, and creation of guidelines and procedures
- Responding to security incidents in cooperation with incident response team
- Conducting threat detection in AWS cloud infrastructure
- Assisting with vulnerability scanning and management
- All other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Education Level: Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Years of Experience: 6+ years of Security Engineering experience or equivalent demonstrable proficiency
- Comprehensive understanding of networking, Windows, OSX, firewalls, intrusion detection, authentication systems, and PKI
- Experience leveraging Open Source security tools
- Experience automating security tasks via scripting
- 2+ years experience building and leading security operations teams
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for employment, if not currently employed by Code42.
A first-class onboarding experience which includes professional development and personal development all while learning and living our Code42 values. We provide comprehensive benefits that include health, dental, vision, wellness, 401k, parental leave, pet insurance, generous paid time off and volunteer opportunities. At Code42 everyone is an owner. We participate in commission or bonus plans and all employees receive stock options. We win together.
Code42 values workplace diversity and ensuring an environment of mutual respect. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.