Director, Infrastructure Architecture, EUT
The Director of Infrastructure Architecture, End User Technologies is an experienced people and technology leader role that is responsible for directing and managing the overall CNO End User technology experience for the Enterprise. Under the direction of the Chief Technology Officer the role will be primarily responsible for aligning domain strategies and roadmaps to IT and Business capabilities. The role will be responsible for managing and overseeing large End User Technology investments. Moreover, the role will oversee multiple external vendor partnerships, establish contracts ensuring CNO’s interests are protected, and balance responsibilities for reducing technical debt and system complexity with the need for speed to market and competitive delivery costs. This is a key leadership role in defining and leading our overall IT strategy and mission of End User Technology Happiness.
- Leads, builds, and maintains a team of direct reports that can sustain End User technologies strategy, roadmaps and support. Develops talent and creates opportunity for succession planning, successful advancement of team members. Accountable for the integrity of key human resource processes including, salary reviews, hiring and performance management. May Indirectly oversee solution architects and external resources.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with business and IT leadership team members and participates in the development of the infrastructure strategy to support key business areas of CNO.
- Identify avenues for continuous improvement for services within scope of responsibility, including new approaches and processes and the eventual retirement and replacement of systems and processes that have reached the end of cost-effective functionality.
- Lead foundational architectural efforts, process and outcomes. Directs and oversees the strategic plans and road maps for infrastructure programs that have moderately high dollar investments ($1 to $10 million dollars), high risk (provide critical business functionality), and moderate to high complexity (may connect to multiple systems inside and outside CNO). Communicates progress, issues and solutions with senior leaders by participating in steering committees and technical review meetings. Responsible for on time and on budget program delivery.
- Drive the evaluation, development and actualization of Infrastructure solution architecture standards within all designs and configuration of hardware and software Infrastructure technologies. This includes ensuring that effective reviews and governance processes are in place and executed. Ensures systems maintain and enhance CNO's business goals, Architecture standardization, and high system availability objectives.
- Oversees the quality of external teams and deliverables provided by sourcing partners, ensuring CNO is receiving appropriate value for fees paid to sourcing partners. Ensures sourcing partner for Statements of Work and Work Orders are complete, and that external vendors implement a program of continuous improvement on behalf of CNO.
- Develops IT policy and procedures that support a scalable and secure IT environment. Ensure compliance and understanding of Core Processes that support: Demand Management, Sourcing contracts, Service Level Agreements, Sox Compliance, Internal Audit, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, System Development Life Cycle, and Vendor Management.
- Aligns the Infrastructure Architecture to the Enterprise Architectural decisions to enable positive growth of the IT organization in whole. Play a role in managing business area portfolio of technologies, assessing the fit, health and effective operation of in-scope technologies.
- Works with leaders to identify deficiencies in the solution architecture, potential remediation, and develop the business case for actualization. Develops business cases for strategic infrastructure investments.
- Ensures that appropriate governance is in place for successful evaluation and delivery of IT solutions. Ensures controls are in place for compliance in all IT standards and architectures. Maintains compliance with any Software/Hardware Entitlement constraints.
- May participate in Vendor/industry customer advisory panels, driving new capabilities beneficial to CNO into commercially available software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, or related computing major required, or equivalent experience. Master’s preferred.
- Typically, a minimum of ten years of experience in two or more of the following:
- End User Computing Management
- Messaging Systems Management
- Customer Service Leadership
- Managed Services / Offshore / Onshore
- IT Consulting
- Channel vendor Management
- At least five years of experience leading large programs or teams of people in a business or IT Area (i.e. budges exceeding $5M), and at least two years of experience in leading teams or programs in multiple areas.
- Strong Experience delivering business specific Infrastructure programs
- Program Management experience is a plus.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to myHR@CNOinc.com.