Operational Excellence Consultant
Overall Job Summary
Supporting both the Director, IT Strategic Change & Director, IT Operational Excellence, this role will work to deploy best practice change management methodologies, processes, and toolkits within the organization. Assists with the development of standards, processes, and objectives reflecting IT operational best practices to deliver improvements in the change landscape across IT. The role will be responsible for enhancing communications and training required for each of the change projects within the portfolio. Works with others in the IT organization as well as end-customers to review current and future state, assess gaps, and develop change management plans to aid widest adoption possible for each. This role will be a direct contributor role with no direct reports and will work within a matrix arrangement with good leadership support. Works with Business, IT, and Service Providers, establishes performance goals, and the metrics and reporting required to track performance.
Key Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- PREPARE - Support analytics capture with the launch of relevant assessments: Change & Organizational Readiness, Sponsorship Competency & Readiness, and Personal and Business-level Change Readiness
- Partner with stakeholders to understand gaps and improvement opportunities that accelerate realization of business objectives
- Lead Focus Group/Voice of Customer (VOC) sessions to formulate the customer-side need for change
- Participate in individual project launch meetings to help define the level (complexity) of change required aiding the down-select of the correct tactical plans.
- Act as point of contact between different departments within IT and relevant third parties to understand process constraints and establish/recommend improvement priorities.
- Independently defines and implement metrics and measurements to monitor and improve Change performance
- MANAGE - Drive change communications for IT (Stakeholder messaging, content, delivery method, timeline) employing best practices for high velocity of organizational change, including authoring and deploying communications as and where needed.
- Assist in the development of key change management plans: Communication, Sponsorship, Coaching, Training, and Adoption Assurance (formerly Resistance Management)
- Undertake current and future state gaps analysis and assess change impact assessment (CIA) areas with which formalized change action plans (CAP) needs to be created/managed.
- Coach, consult, and mentor teams on delivery approaches and the use of techniques to deliver results
- Assist business with the development of end-user training/user guides (desk scripts) where required.
- Work closely with Corporate Communications team for Branding, Enterprise-level messaging and launch, and for a macro-view of communication launch timeline
- REINFORCE – Lead or support post-implementation reviews to assess adoption adherence, providing coaching, launch reinforcement tactics, as well as creating lessons-learned register for application on future projects
- Develop and implement corrective action plan to drive ultimate adoption
- Identify and celebrate success throughout the various sprints
- Maintain efficiency and quality in the work setting.
- Can flex as a SWAT team member when critical needs arise.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Experience running change projects with a structured change methodology (Prosci/ADKAR, Kotter, etc.)
- Experience in communications, organizational messaging, internal social media-style communications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey ideas, issues, and status in both technical and non-technical terms to stakeholders and leadership.
- Customer facing experience & presentation skills with leadership, key stakeholders, and service providers
- Demonstrated experience developing the process for change communications, as well as managing multi-channel communications portals
- Strong stakeholder management, engagement, and relationship skills to build trust and connect tactical activities/deliverables to IT customer need.
- Aptitude for fostering effective relationships; customer focused
- Demonstrate experience and capacity to influence significant organizational changes and improvements in an ITIL organization
- Attentive to detail with strong analytical and critical thinking skills as well as a consultative mindset, to solve complex problems. Be a problem-solver, actively participate and ask questions.
- Strong ability to define and establish metrics and methods for governing process adherence.
- Demonstrated experience using data to drive business decisions. Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures
- Ability to build relationships at all levels within the enterprise with passion for being ‘one team’ throughout
- Know who your customers are and ensure they know who you are.
- Willingness and desire to accept and give fast feedback, with a focus on learning and improving
- Drive to get things done; possesses a bias for action. Willingness to make decisions and take smart risks
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline is typically required; or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years’ experience instituting change management programs, developing/deploying change processes and tools
- Experience delivering change in ITIL organization (preferred)
- Applied knowledge delivering change in highly complex, high velocity IT teams
- Strong Change and Communications acumen
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to myHR@CNOinc.com.